View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

The handlebar itself will push back toward you. As you know, you accelerate forward by leaning forward, so when it leans itself back, you will slow down.

We often call this speed limiter, or even push back.

I find that if I go too fast, my segway will speed limit me a little at first, but if I try to push against the handlebar, it will be more aggressive in push back, and will actually seem to slow me down more.

Kind of like if I ease up when I first get the signal, it is okay. If I do not respond, it will penalize me by going slower 10.5 to 11 mph for several seconds before allowing me up to 12 mph again.

You should also know that the segway will not go full speed down hills very often. It does this because it generates power down hill, and does not like to over charge itself. Because of this, your speed limiter will engage at much slower speeds down hill...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote