View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
[email protected]
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Yes, but that hardly answered Lily's question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Just got my curiosity roused.... I was at a large county fair yesterday. Among the vendors and displays were those from the national guard, military services and veterans groups. As usual, I ended up talking Segways with a lot of folks. But of these groups, not one of those I spoke to were aware of DRAFT. I've noticed this before when they have displays at Walmart, etc.

How does Segs4vets find those who need their services? The general military public that I run into are certainly not aware of this service...
I'm a veteran, am associated with several veterans organizations, and have experienced the same lack of awareness that Lily mentions.

A few years ago, I demonstrated the Segway at a local chapter meeting. But a query to the national organization (MOAA) showed total unawareness.

I am well aware of the excellent work being done by DRAFT/Segs4Vets. And I deeply appreciate it. So, they must be finding folks some way.

However, if I (for example) look at the VA's "Directory of Veterans Service Organizations", I don't see anything. Similarly, a search of sites for MOAA, VFW, American Legion, etc. don't turn up anything reasonably applicable.

So, why is that?
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote