View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #19
mryang
mryang is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
1. I did not know Sweden ever went to the moon. Thanks for the data.
2. I asked for an example of what has been made. You gave none, because there is none. If there was an example of actually making what you want, you would show it.
3. My argument does not only rely on an earlier device, but from knowing and speaking with the actual engineers and chief technology officer at Segway, and actual engineering, not just fantasy.
4. I get the impression I am speaking to a very naive person who does not have any engineering experience. (not all of us are ignorant of actual real world engineering capacities)
5. There is no place in the United States other than on a closed track that anyone can drive a corvette or anything else at 300kph. And a corvette, if capable of going that fast, is not as safe as a segway at 20kph. And, a corvette does not fit the same profile as a segway, because it has 4 wheels that are spaced in such a way that there is static stability. (IF the engine blows, the car can coast to a stop on those four wheels)
6. Your example of a delta configuration, like a three wheel motorcycle, again, does not fit the category of a segway. You cannot say that because a 3 wheel device does a thing, so can a 2 wheel device. They are not the same.

The fact that you fantasize about going this fast on a segway or segway like device does not mean that it can do it. You are not speaking from any position of knowledge, just wishes. Wishes do not make things happen. Engineering does. Give me one example of what you are asking for, that really exists. I beg you, show me that what you say can exist, does actually exist.
KSagal - if u want a dick measuring contest you win. All your points is spot on. Yeah - I'm naive and have no engineering background. It is impossible to make a Segway go faster than 20. I'm just a deluded dreamer.

Cheers buddy.
mryang is offline   Reply With Quote