View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #17
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryang View Post
1969 we landed 2 guys on the moon and you mean that there are physical limits to make a 2 wheel (parallel) device make 40 - If this was a world championship it would pass 200! The Segway patroller can do 26kph? The world record for a delta configuration (wide back, narrow front) is 1227kph - so clearly Segway Patroller speed limit is not governed by a physical / engineering limit - believing that is nonsense.

Your argument also relies on an earlier device as a proof it is not possible - this is not viable at all as this would prohibit all inventions to exist because they don't exist.

I understand your concern of safety but tell me, isn't speed up to the driver in the same way as not everyone can handle 300kph in a Corvette? I'm positive I can handle 30 with ease. I see most people trying my Segway hit the speed limit within 5 minutes.

2 x 900w can easily handle 40kph without any trouble.
1. I did not know Sweden ever went to the moon. Thanks for the data.
2. I asked for an example of what has been made. You gave none, because there is none. If there was an example of actually making what you want, you would show it.
3. My argument does not only rely on an earlier device, but from knowing and speaking with the actual engineers and chief technology officer at Segway, and actual engineering, not just fantasy.
4. I get the impression I am speaking to a very naive person who does not have any engineering experience. (not all of us are ignorant of actual real world engineering capacities)
5. There is no place in the United States other than on a closed track that anyone can drive a corvette or anything else at 300kph. And a corvette, if capable of going that fast, is not as safe as a segway at 20kph. And, a corvette does not fit the same profile as a segway, because it has 4 wheels that are spaced in such a way that there is static stability. (IF the engine blows, the car can coast to a stop on those four wheels)
6. Your example of a delta configuration, like a three wheel motorcycle, again, does not fit the category of a segway. You cannot say that because a 3 wheel device does a thing, so can a 2 wheel device. They are not the same.

The fact that you fantasize about going this fast on a segway or segway like device does not mean that it can do it. You are not speaking from any position of knowledge, just wishes. Wishes do not make things happen. Engineering does. Give me one example of what you are asking for, that really exists. I beg you, show me that what you say can exist, does actually exist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote