View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #12
mryang
mryang is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

From my viewpoint it's going to be difficult to let Segway Inc. do any hardware related changes - as it would require an entire new model. But at the same time - we have nothing to lose except enthusiastic efforts to try to work for such a change, that's why I want to somehow make a gist on all the opinions - a kind of status quo on the current opinions of the Segway.

But this is more than just my/our opinions - it is inherently about the longtime survival of the Segway. I do think some of my "points" are an easy fix such as an open battery design, usb charging, more bags/storage to choose from and an x2 model with no speed limit. Apart from the speed limit we can do all that ourselves - but I don't want to give up on Segway Inc. without a fight because the Segway as transport is still a brilliant idea but high price and not meeting customer needs will be it's death - look at it this way - the Segways most used application is with tour companies - accepting this is a complete failure in business model for Segway Inc - one that should make management at the company deeply troubled, yet they condone it, listing tour companies on their website as being oblivious to the fact that Segways are viewed more as a freak toy than the every mans daily transport.

I can do small things and together we can do a lot. Right now I'm only interested to hear if you think the same - if so - there is a plan to be made, things to do and ultimately push Segway to do what they have to do to survive and even prosper this decennium.
mryang is offline   Reply With Quote