Thread: SegVator - Lift
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblair View Post
I'm currently wiring my Element to use my Segvator. I have a dual kit on order for it and on the whole it seems to be very well designed and built.

The one thing I find questionable is the attachment of the Inverter and it's box. Two screws at the top and the bottom seems to flop back and forth at will. The box also doesn't seem too waterproof. I've been considering moving the Inverter to the inside of the Element and just running power cords from it to the Segways. Can anyone with a lot of miles with the SegVator comment?
My inverter has been out in the weather continuously for several years now. It's not presently operating, because of a wiring issue that I mean to fix before the rainy season starts again. When I get it connected again I'll verify it still works. I have seen no visible sign of water damage; the box is more effective than it seems. I think water can enter in small quantities, but the inverter itself is positioned so the water never makes it over to the inverter; it just drains out the bottom without accumulating.

Or such is my theory.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote