View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
BoscoBob
BoscoBob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Wow....Yea I understand your frustration!

Having a service dog myself, Im the one educating store workers and managers in public places...

The number one thing is to not lose our cool....

Do you have any printed up info to help explain the ADA rules?

The DOJ's phone number?

Im sorry it happened you would think you solved it the first time....but people are very ignorant to any change...
The first time I went to my local Walmart, someone approached me and told me that I couldn't bring my scooter in the store. 30 seconds of education and their response was, "Cool!". Never been a problem. I even paved the way for a second Segway user (who died Friday morning after a protracted battle with bone cancer).

After the first incident, I printed out the Oregon Statute regarding Segways and the entire updated Title III regarding Segways and gave it to them. I nornally keep copies in my bag, but I ran out and haven't been in my own home for months.

I mean...seriously? I have given them every tool to be able to extricate their craniums from their colons...what more can I do. Thinking about contacting an attorney. The stress is not doing my MS or my CAD any favors. Luckily, I always keep a bottle of nitroglycerin in the car, but that does nothing for my MS. It would be different if this was a new situation, or if they had just stopped and listened. What I got from this C*** of a woman was, "Well, I'm disabled too and I NEVER get upset when my ADA rights are abused." I swear!