View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
bud01234
bud01234 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

(3-yr old I2 with 8k miles)...I did end up getting one of Jason's batteries (MTO) from a local licensed retailer so I didn't have to pay for hazmat shipping. I placed it in the rear position where the bad battery was and left the working older battery in the front position.

After charging both batteries overnight (both green lights flashing), I rode to work - about 4 miles. When I got to work the info key was reporting 1/2 charge (4 bars) left when I expected to only use 2. I recharged while at work, then rode home. When I arrived home it had only used 2 bars.

I recharged (both green lights flashing) and then unplugged since I was going to ride again next day. When I powered up, the info key only read 5 bars charged. I plugged it in again for a couple of minutes and both green lights started flashing. When I powered up, it read 8 bars full charge. Rode to work and only used 2 bars.

I have a new infokey battery. Should I run the batteries all the way down and then charge them full? I seen to remember that could resync the info key. Anyone else have any weird things like this with the infokey after replacing a battery?

Last edited by bud01234; 04-06-2014 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: added details about the segway
bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote