View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by noalox View Post
Easy Jeff! While I certainly feel for those who have had to wait for Inc. to fix their segs I believe it will be supported by this community that Segway's are very well made machines.

For me I own 12 X2's and 2 XT's. The first X2 I bought was used and needed repair as soon as it arrived. I believe I was without that one for about 4 weeks. Since then (fall of 2010) I have had no trouble with it.

<snip>
I'm glad to know that a motor failure does not require a trip back to Segway. If your dealer has a system to upgrade the firmware on your i2/x2 that is the first time I have ever heard of that.

A motor failure does require the entire unit to be disassembled. The connectors for the motor have to be disconnected from inside the chassis. If your dealer is "trusted" by Segway enough to replace motors, they should trust them to replace the logic board and BSA as well. Because the matching codes for the infokey security are saved on the motherboard(s) dealers have to be able to program them when replaced.

My point still stands if you have a chassis (motherboard) failure it HAS to go back to Inc.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote