View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
noalox
noalox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Easy Jeff! While I certainly feel for those who have had to wait for Inc. to fix their segs I believe it will be supported by this community that Segway's are very well made machines.

For me I own 12 X2's and 2 XT's. The first X2 I bought was used and needed repair as soon as it arrived. I believe I was without that one for about 4 weeks. Since then (fall of 2010) I have had no trouble with it.

One of my XT's had a bad motor so I took it to Segway of Central Florida two winters ago and he had it up and running in a couple of days. Been running fine for a year and a half. And lastly I sent another of my X2's to Dave at Central Florida this past summer and he had it back to me in 2 weeks!

That's it. Three problems with 14 segs in about 4 years. I give off-road Segway tours through the woods of northern Wisconsin. Several of my machines have nearly 3500 rugged miles on them and are still going strong.

I do not wish to minimize those who have the corporate horror stories. But keep it in perspective. What machine do you not need to do some maintenance to periodically? I do virtually NOTHING to mine and they are working just fine.

There are options to Inc. Try Dave at Central Florida. Try Jordan at Segway of Wisconsin. I personally know that they have been trained and equipped with the latest software to repair in the field and I'm sure they are not the only ones. It cost me $90 to ship my seg from northern Wisconsin to Central Florida! That's not bad.

Curious to hear from Bob from Gettysburg. What is your break down/service history with your fleet?
noalox is offline   Reply With Quote