View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
[email protected]
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
I believe it is the same principle as an age limited drivers license being needed if driving on public roads. I assume you can use it on your own property....
I'm thinking this is probably off-topic, but: "2. An electric personal assistive mobility device may be operated upon a street, highway, sidewalk, and bicycle path. Every person operating such a device shall be granted all of the rights and be subject to all of the duties applicable to a pedestrian pursuant to chapter 304."

Probably OK on your own property, except for the sidewalk on your property.

The reason that I said I don't understand why it makes sense: If it's safe for a 12-year-old with a disability to operate a Segway, then why isn't it safe for a 12-year-old without a disability.

Conversely, if it's not safe for a 15-year-old to operate a Segway, then how does a "mobility-related disability" make it safe?

[My grandchildren have been safely and courteously using Segways, under supervision, since each was substantially under 16]

But that probably doesn't fit your topic. Sorry for the digression.

I now live in Lee's Summit, Missouri. as do my wife, son, daughter, and 3 grandsons. We have 4 Segways (2-XT and 2-X2). If I can help in any way with your project, please let me know.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote