View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 AM   #49
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Come on. If people can ride skateboards and rollerskates without complaint, MiniPros should be fine. Yes, they don't come equipped with airbags or backup balancing systems but they aren't any more dangerous than Segway i2 SE's. Just ask the Segway owner's next of kin or the honorable President George Bush.
You're either kidding, ignorant, or in denial...

The post that started this topic shows the risk and danger of non-redundant systems on these devices. That scenario would NOT have happened on a real Segway with redundant systems. All that would have happened under that circumstance is a safety shutdown (and this has happened to me several times before final diagnosis of my unit's issue).

Former Segway owner Jimi Heselden died after reversing off a cliff. Obviously, this has nothing to do with redundant systems or inherent product safety.

President Bush stumbled when attempting to mount a Segway that was turned OFF. Again, not an issue of redundancy or product safety.

I have first-hand been saved injury or death by the original Segway redundant system design and technology, apparently lacking in the later Chinese knock-offs. After 11 years of Segway riding, I would be terrified to ride a self-balancing machine without this kind of system backup.

Last edited by PeteInLongBeach; 12-11-2017 at 03:02 AM..
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote