View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Watching the video at Dan's link answered many questions posed so far, but there are also some statements that do not seem to mix, for me.

It will unlock with a tap of a button on a phone, or by sensing the proximity of the linked phone, but also has a potential to unlock with an on board keypad of sorts.

Also, it mentions a wifi connection, but is not specific if this is by the phone or the lock.

For me, this may be a cute product, but I wonder if it an application of technology for the sake of using that technology, as opposed to filling a particular need.

There is a lot of electronic technology involved here. My segway has a remote feature that alerts me of someone tampering with it, from about the same distance. I find that I rarely can use that feature, as it is too short a distance to be of much value.

I do like some of the ideas with this lock, but fear it will not likely make it to my tool box, mostly for cost, but also because most technology fails at some point, and that is why we love the segway so much. It has a redundant everything.

For me, that means a key hole in lock. I like the electronics, and do like the ability to unlock with a built in keypad in the case of phone problems, but in the event of lock programming errors, I still want that key as a back up...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote