View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #9
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Wow, so far, I am hearing mostly negative feedback based on the country of origin. We buy Chinese products every day, some good, some not so good - the same can be said of American made products.

There is an understandable concern about quality and other details, but that doesn't seem to warrant the negative conjecture and near criminal accusations. I don't know what makes some of you so jaded, but I'm sure glad it hasn't infected me.

My request of the OP is for more information. What were the testing methods used, not only to determine the runtime of the batteries, but also the safety of the units? Will there be US distribution channels, or are you planning to ship direct? What will the warranty be and how will the claims process be handled? I'm sure there are many more questions, so I hope you will take the time to share with us here on the most popular Segway forum in the USA.

I recently bought a small format keyboard that was made in and shipped from China. It arrived in excellent condition, but I found that a few features were missing that would make it compatible with a Windows PC, which was one of its advertised assets. I wrote a poor review of the item on a website and the company contacted me by email immediately. We exchanged a couple of emails and they refunded every cent I paid - they did not ask me to send the keyboard back to them or to the website I ordered from. They only asked that I edit my review to indicate they had responded and gave me a refund, which I did. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again because of their great customer service.

To be clear, I am not advocating doing business with any particular company or country. I would prefer to see a product like this manufactured in the US and sold at reasonable prices. But if a foreign company has the innovation, quality and customer service, I am not going to count them out - and I certainly won't use generalizations and innuendo to malign them before I know anything about them.

I don't expect Segway Inc. to endorse them - they would be a competitor. I wouldn't expect MTO to give them an endorsement either - another competitor. Let them stand on their own merits and give them the opportunity to build trust before we go knocking them down just because they are Chinese.
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote