View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

It is kind of an odd statement, likely something is lost in the translation...

I know I have been on x2 segways that got 10 Km more than the factory suggests, simply because we had a bit of extra air in the tires (about 8 pounds) and were on pavements all day with i2s. Range on the x2 was less than the i2, but not substantially so.

Also, I get 20+ miles of range from my segway i2 batteries. I frequently am ready to get off the segway before it runs out of power. Of course, I recharge faster than the segway does, so I might rest for an hour and be ready to go again, and the segway has not charged completely. Extra range would help in this kind of a situation.

A longer range may also have applications in tour operations as well, but we must consider the source, as previously posted.

I am sure there are other potential reputable manufacturers of segway components other than the factory or MTO, but I surely would start there as well.

A company with an attractive but not too clear claim of serviceability coming from China is not going to generate a warm fuzzy feeling from me.

Far far more needs to be expressed, demonstrated, and confirmed before I would even consider looking into this deeper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote