View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #213
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
I'm gathering from your post that I should look for 21x7x10, though the response from "Ed65" suggests that a 23" tire will fit. Not to get into all of the SPEED questions on SegwayChat but shouldn't a 23" vs. the OEM 21" increase top-end speed at the expense of low-end torque? (Your previous posts suggest an expertise in evaluating numbers, so I felt the freedom to ask, forgive me if that is not the case).

Does the 21x7x10 fit the OEM rim with or without a tube? Frankly, I don't even know if my current Segway OEM has a tube. Does it? I appreciate your response. Thanks.
I just got my bonus at work, and I couldn't resist the temptation... I went out and bought a pair of 23" tires for the "x2" conversion:

http://www.mudthrowers.com/inc/sdetail/331

Got them mounted and installed today (damn that red locktight on the hub adaptor screws). Looks like I'm now getting over 15 mph top-speed, and I'm about 2" higher than on the original i2 tires (gotta watch those tree branches). My parking stand is almost too short now - I don't think some of the "lean-forward" type stands would work well with the height of this diameter tire. The sidewall knobs on this particular model's tread design just barely clear the fenders - there is still plenty of clearance on top, but they come very close at the front of the fenders. Overall, very happy with these !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0216112011.jpg (89.5 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 0216112012.jpg (83.0 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by PeteInLongBeach; 02-17-2011 at 05:45 AM..
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote