SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Science and Technology (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   need help swagway x1 (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34427)

pnr83 05-14-2016 12:35 AM

need help swagway x1

Hello is there any manual of the control board ? I got a replacement hoverboard cover and now don't know where and how the wires are set up . There is this red and black wire I don't know where it's supposed to go . Also I can't turn the hoverboard off . I got those plugged wrong . Any help will be useful thank you . I can take a picture If this would be helpful.

airdale 05-14-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnr83 (Post 239299)
Hello is there any manual of the control board ? I got a replacement hoverboard cover and now don't know where and how the wires are set up . There is this red and black wire I don't know where it's supposed to go . Also I can't turn the hoverboard off . I got those plugged wrong . Any help will be useful thank you . I can take a picture If this would be helpful.

This is a Segway forum.....You start talking hoverboards not many people with these new forms of transportation....

(and to many people think if it has 2 wheels and is self balancing its a Segway....it is not)

KSagal 05-15-2016 01:25 PM

It is hard to be exactly sure of what is what. I have seen more than just slang call two wheel self balance devices as segways. With the current owners, the name 'Segway' has far less specific definition.

Those of us who came to the debate long ago know exactly what we mean by 'Segway' but those who have come recently have a very different impression.

Remember, Segway Inc sued Ninebot for infringement on the name and technology, and Ninebot bought the company, and therefore they own the name.

airdale 05-15-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 239306)
It is hard to be exactly sure of what is what. I have seen more than just slang call two wheel self balance devices as segways. With the current owners, the name 'Segway' has far less specific definition.

Those of us who came to the debate long ago know exactly what we mean by 'Segway' but those who have come recently have a very different impression.

Remember, Segway Inc sued Ninebot for infringement on the name and technology, and Ninebot bought the company, and therefore they own the name.

And Swagway seams the be the big manufacturer these days.....Segway does not have a hover board at all.....They have that new one coming out but its nothing like the Swagway.....

How many articles posted here in the last 9 months called every one of those things Segways......? 75 to 80%?

KSagal 05-15-2016 02:31 PM

The surely are generically called segways. Falls into the Kleenex or wiffle ball category.

I do agree that those small hoverboards are frequently called segways, on that point you are exactly right.

My only thought was that what exactly is and is not a segway is not at all the same as it was 5 years ago, when there were segways and there were copies and other things. Now, the copies and some of the other things own the name.