SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Low speed limit on i2 (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34931)

Zoelily 02-26-2017 06:48 PM

Low speed limit on i2

We bought a used i2 (not SE) that used to be a touring unit. With turtle mode off, it still pushes back at 9.5mph rather than 12. Since it isn't an SE, it doesn't have the ability to set a speed limit. Is it possible for the previous owner to have linked a SE key to it, set a speed limit and then re linked the original key? Is it possible to swap keys like this? It makes sense that a tour operator would want to insure that they can outrun guests, even if they turned off turtle mode. What other reasons might there be for the top speed to be so low?

SegNerd 03-03-2017 10:11 AM

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new (to you) Seg.

InfoKeys do indeed have programmable speed limits. It doesn't have anything to do with whether they are SE models. Here is more info:
http://www.segway.com/media/1191/rid...ttings_faq.pdf

allenrohn 03-29-2017 10:43 AM

Its top speed is 12.5mph.

all the hoverboard top speed is between the 11-13 mph only.\
This much speed is enough, it will easy for kids also to ride.

And we are not riding the bike, its a electric scooter. just enjoy the rides.

Don M 04-15-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegNerd (Post 240915)
InfoKeys do indeed have programmable speed limits. It doesn't have anything to do with whether they are SE models

Was this feature implemented some time after the 2007 model I2's were built?

The procedure does say "New InfoKey controller software" and the procedure does not work on either of my 2007 machines, nor is it mentioned in my owners manual

Don

SegNerd 04-15-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don M (Post 241116)
Was this feature implemented some time after the 2007 model I2's were built?

The procedure does say "New InfoKey controller software" and the procedure does not work on either of my 2007 machines, nor is it mentioned in my owners manual

Don

I was not aware of that, but I think you are correct. It may be limited to newer i2s, but it is not limited to i2 SEs.

MuttonChops 04-20-2017 03:26 PM

Guess Would Be 2007 Upgrade

Based on hardcopy manuals shipped with my yr-2010 i2, would guess the Programmable Speed Limit software started with yr-2007 builds.

The yr-2010 i2 arrived with:
A) yr-2006 Reference Manual
B) yr-2007 Reference Manual Supplement that only discusses the InfoKey Speed and shutdown options.
Zoelily has not stated what year i2 they purchased or indicated if the Programmable Speed Limit procedure link solved the problem.

If the i2 is pushing back at 9.5 MPH under all gliding conditions (with factory size wheels/tires) then it sure sounds like it is a >= 2007 i2 with the Speed Limit set.

The Reference Manual (page-49) does have additional non-InfoKey suggestions for lower speed limiting . . . however, I'd expect these causes to result in variable maximum speed push-backs, not a solid 9.5 MPH.

The speed at which the Speed Limiter pushes the Handlebar back depends on a variety of factors including riding style, terrain, payload, whether or not the Beginner Setting is enabled, Battery condition, foot positioning, and other factors.

Conditions that may cause the Speed Limiter to activate and show the face icon with the straight mouth along with the Warning icon, when you are traveling at less than the maximum speed allowed for your operating mode include:

􀁺 Riding up a steep hill
􀁺 Riding on bumpy terrain
􀁺 Riding with fewer than three Rider Detect Sensors
depressed
􀁺 The first few seconds after you power on and step on the
Powerbase
􀁺 Low Battery charge
􀁺 Batteries that are too hot or too cold
􀁺 Riding down a hill with fully charged Batteries
Because of regenerative charging, if the Batteries are fully
charged, the Segway PT will activate the Speed Limiter to
avoid overcharging.

= = = =
10,500 Gliding Miles since Dec-2010 :)

Don M 04-20-2017 10:41 PM

Both of my machines are 2007 models which came with the 2006 dated manuals with no addendum for the speed limiting feature. The speed adjustment does not work with either of my machines, so . . . . I assume the change was made somewhere closer to the 2008 models and not the 2007's

Don

Don M 04-24-2017 03:37 PM

It must be based on the programming. I bought a spare InfoKey which does have the speed limit feature. Other than the Serial Number being about 100,000 newer than my other two keys, all of the part numbers and every other number on the back of the keys is the same

I won't know if my 2007 machines will respond to the speed limit feature unless I one day need to have my spare key programmed to work on one of my Segs

Don