SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NiMH battery rebuilder battery4segway ... (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33158)

Lightning8060 06-26-2014 12:44 AM

NiMH battery rebuilder battery4segway ...

Does anyone have experience with this battery rebuilder? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amimoto 06-26-2014 07:32 AM

I only recommended MTO battery

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP

MagiMike 06-26-2014 01:47 PM

This company also does business as Batteryrefill.com. A search here under the term Batteryrefill will give you more information. Google under batteryrefill will show others experience with this company.

:thumbsdown:

Lightning8060 06-26-2014 05:43 PM

Thanks! Their offer sounded too good to be true!

KSagal 06-26-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightning8060 (Post 234987)
Thanks! Their offer sounded too good to be true!

Someone somewhere has to pay for services rendered... That is why offers too good to be true usually are not true. The only way it could possibly work would be for someone to pay for you... A rich uncle might. A for profit company you do not know will not likely work at a loss, or pay for your repair, and still be able to stay in business.

Therefore, when presented with a deal too good to be true, it is best to be very VERY careful to check it out before giving them money for what is too good to be true, and therefore more likely to be a rip-off.

Good luck...

johnw230873 07-01-2014 11:26 AM

Took one apart for a look the other day to have a look and didn't realize that each cell is fully glued to the one next to it by some type of epoxy glue, I have no idea how they can just replace one cell without braking the cell covers.

MTOBATTERY 07-01-2014 01:41 PM

I agree that it would be a task which certainly would not be easy. Replacing just a few cells is never a good idea, especially in a pack like this. It is merely a cheap short term solution to a long term problem.

1madman 07-02-2014 11:14 AM

Battery Rebuilers

MTO Battery is the real deal. Honest, professional and they know what they are doing. Stellar customer service--don't bother with anyone else.

SIDSWAY 09-09-2014 09:11 AM

Mtobattery

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1madman (Post 235044)
MTO Battery is the real deal. Honest, professional and they know what they are doing. Stellar customer service--don't bother with anyone else.

I am a member of this board since 12/2002, I always come here to check experiences of fellow Segway owners before making a purchase.

Based on the positive comments about MTOBATTERY, I sent my Gen 1 batteries (NIMH) to be rebuilt a couple of weeks ago. The service was excellent, the price was fair and the batteries are like new.

I can now glide with power to spare.

Sid