SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ordered a MiniPro (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35164)

Wodin 07-27-2017 09:26 PM

Ordered a MiniPro

Hi,

I just ordered a new MiniPro, and am waiting for it to arrive. I live in Hawaii, so everything has to be shipped here from the Mainland, and I had a hard time finding anyone who would ship a Segway here. I think it's because of the batteries not being welcome on airplanes. I tried Amazon, Woot, and a couple of others, and finally ordered it from WalMart (fulfilled by B and H Cellular Wholesale Inc.)

I really hope they don't decide to cancel my order as I've also ordered an AUBESTKER handlebar and kickstand from Amazon, and they have already shipped.

japaneezy 08-10-2017 07:55 PM

Let me know how you like that brand of handlebar. I just ordered the More4Mini brand since it had better reviews.

Wodin 08-11-2017 02:12 PM

The MP is on back order so I'm not sure how it'll work.

The handle bar and kickstand arrived from Amazon. The kickstand has NO instructions, but judging from the pictures it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, the handle bar looks to have pretty good build quality, but the directions leave a lot to be desired. Seriously poor translation from the Chinese, and mostly rely on the pictures. Youtube has a pretty good tutorial, and if it wasn't for that I think I'd have a lot of trouble installing it.

japaneezy 08-12-2017 07:35 PM

What island are you on?

Wodin 08-14-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japaneezy (Post 241638)
What island are you on?

O`ahu......

japaneezy 08-14-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodin (Post 241655)
O`ahu......

If you can cancel your order, the best buy in town has a few black ones in stock

Wodin 08-15-2017 01:36 PM

Yes, I saw that. I sent WalMart an email yesterday, and depending on the answer I might do that. I also spoke with the Seg store at the Waikiki Marriott and they said they had them but at a higher cost. They tried to sell me on an i2/x2, but I'm not ready to spend thousands untill I get a bit more familiar with the whole concept.

I wonder if the Aiea store will be getting any in.

Wodin 08-15-2017 01:52 PM

I just checked the Best Buy site, and they still had black ones for $799, but none at Aiea. Friday they had both black and white ones for $599. They do price matching with Amazon, so they prolly will sell one for $594.00 even though Amazon won't ship them to Hawaii.

japaneezy 08-15-2017 11:17 PM

That what I did the other week at the Honolulu store. It rang as 599 but I had then pricematch Amazon anyway for that extra $5.

Wodin 08-16-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japaneezy (Post 241674)
That what I did the other week at the Honolulu store. It rang as 599 but I had then pricematch Amazon anyway for that extra $5.

I emaile B&H Cellular (the WalMart partner/seller) Monday asking "Where's my stuff?" and they hadn't answered ("within one business day") by this morning (Wednesday) so I cancelled the order. I'm taking this afternoon off for a medical procedure, so I'll just drop by Best Buy and see if they still have any.