SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Community Feedback and Support (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ranking and Reputation (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=31679)

SKPeterson 01-29-2013 03:16 PM

Ranking and Reputation

Next to every post, the posting member has a ranking "Junior Member," "Member,", and so on. After that ranking there are one or more stars of various colors, and then some type of colored (red / green?) "meter" type of value.

Where are these values described? :confused:

I'm just interested in the thresholds between levels/ranks/ratings.

Thanks!

SKP

KSagal 01-29-2013 03:35 PM

I am not sure of the exact values, and I know that the moderators in times past could and did modify some of those values, but I have a trick that may work for you...

If you hit the "members list" tab in the blue bar above, it will give you an alphabetical listing of members.

While there, if you hit the "posts" column header, it will reorder them by posts. From that, if you scroll down the listing, you can see where the titles change. I did it real quick to see that advanced member seems above 2500 post, as there is a break. You will see. Below the 2500 mark, you are a senior member. Dan should get his new title in about 16 posts. I believe the stars deals with the number of posts, but I could be wrong.

You can also hit the "reputation" column header, (you may need to double click these headers, I am not sure) and you can see the titles change for each name also, regarding the bars, or whatever. (I believe the number of green square bars has to do with reputation points)

By the way, reputation can be given, either bad or good, by clicking on the scale in the lower left of each posting. That way you can praise or zing those posts that you like or dislike.

It will not give you all that you are asking for, but may give you a bit at least.

SKPeterson 01-29-2013 05:20 PM

Still Confused

Thanks, Karl. I followed your suggestion, but now am more confused.

I see lots of people with only one post, that are classified as "First Timer", while many others, again with only one post, are classified as "New Member". "New Member" and "Junior Member" classifications don't appear to really have a clear delineation in the number of posts, but it looks like it might happen in the 14 - 15 range.

Then there is no information about the number of stars.

The number of little "lights" is not very straightforward, either. There are a number of members with dozens, even hundreds, and at least one with THOUSANDS, with only a single grey (un-illuminated?) indicator. I've also found a "New Member" with a while string of green lights - something that I'd have thought might take a while "career" to achieve - with only 13 posts.

So, I'm back to wondering: What's it all mean?

Can a moderator fill in the gaps?

Thanks, again.

SKP

KSagal 01-29-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKPeterson (Post 228251)
Thanks, Karl. I followed your suggestion, but now am more confused.

I see lots of people with only one post, that are classified as "First Timer", while many others, again with only one post, are classified as "New Member". "New Member" and "Junior Member" classifications don't appear to really have a clear delineation in the number of posts, but it looks like it might happen in the 14 - 15 range.

Then there is no information about the number of stars.

The number of little "lights" is not very straightforward, either. There are a number of members with dozens, even hundreds, and at least one with THOUSANDS, with only a single grey (un-illuminated?) indicator. I've also found a "New Member" with a while string of green lights - something that I'd have thought might take a while "career" to achieve - with only 13 posts.

So, I'm back to wondering: What's it all mean?

Can a moderator fill in the gaps?

Thanks, again.

SKP

If you use the members list, and order them by reputation, the first 6 entries are all moderators, and they all have assigned maximum reputation points to themselves. That is why you can have max reputation with only 13 posts.

Also, a couple of those names are aliases used by moderators for particualr posts or threads. THey only used them a couple times, so there are low post counts, but high reputation, because they were asigned.

Some members in the past said that they manipulated other accounts as well, and I do not know. I know they could, but if they did or not I will not say. Also, they have the ability to look into or monitor all activity including private messages, but again, just because they can, does not mean they do.

This was a source for some unhappiness in the past. Some of the moderators are very sensitive to anyone speaking about some of the things they may or may not have done, and this will likely get this thread shut down if I post more. (They can and have also modified other people's posts as well)

So, good luck on your quest. I will be happy to speak to you and answer any questions that I can (I don'y have hardly any more information) but not on the public forum. Send me a private message if you wish.

Glide more, smile more.

Gihgehls 01-30-2013 03:48 AM

Indeed, some members from "the old forum" have had their reputation values edited and therefore do not accurately represent what the community as a whole thinks of them. KSagal is one such account, IIRC.

SKPeterson 01-30-2013 12:44 PM

Still Wondering

I'm not really interested in past politics, but I understand that prior "management" hasn't always been consistent.

What I am interested in though, is what the thresholds for rating and reputation are.

--> The little green/red/blue lights
--> The stars of various colors
--> Member ratings (First timer, Junior Member, Member, etc.)

Is there an admin that could give this?

Still, many thanks.

SKP

KSagal 01-30-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gihgehls (Post 228257)
Indeed, some members from "the old forum" have had their reputation values edited and therefore do not accurately represent what the community as a whole thinks of them. KSagal is one such account, IIRC.

I know they edited some of my postings. I am not sure if they also took some of my reputation points. How do you know, or are you just speaking without benefit of corresponding evidence?

I have watched the numbers slowly rise over the years. If you are saying that my reputation points have been enhanced, it is a lie.

What does 'IIRC' mean?

RAG1247 01-30-2013 08:58 PM

I check in from time to time, but there really seems to be nothing new.

It seems that some members continue to make voluminous posts without any real content.

I still enjoy my segways, and although I don't anticipate anything new from segway for a long time, if something new appeared, i would be near the front of the line

JohnM 01-30-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAG1247 (Post 228264)
It seems that some members continue to make voluminous posts without any real content.

That's worth a reputation point. Ka-ching!

JohnM 01-30-2013 09:53 PM

IIRC- IF I Remember/Recall Correctly. TTBOMK

When used properly it covers your *** so that others can't call you a liar.