SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   X2 strange behavior (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33263)

airdale 08-14-2014 04:07 PM

X2 strange behavior

year old, 900 miles or so....Left side kinda a clunk or strange vibration from time to time...Cant reproduce it over and over...First felt it going forward...Now riding it off road seam to feel it in left foot and little in the stick...

All bolts are tight, where should I start?

[email protected] 08-14-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 235359)

All bolts are tight, where should I start?

You're sure about all bolts? Battery, fender, leansteer, etc. etc.?

If it's not that, then it has to be "gearing" (elastomer, etc.)

Pkelley 08-14-2014 07:01 PM

Same symptom! Aired up the tires and the vibration when away.

airdale 08-14-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 235360)
You're sure about all bolts? Battery, fender, leansteer, etc. etc.?

If it's not that, then it has to be "gearing" (elastomer, etc.)

Yep...simple stuff is easy...if I could make it do it consistently that would help all of us....I drag raced for a decade as a young pup....so taken apart stuff and checking the simple is done before a question asked....Im sure its common enough..

If it was a small block Chevy or Ford Id have some ideas.. not familiar with how this puppy is built till it gets taken apart...Its my only transportation ...need to be wise...

KSagal 08-14-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 235363)
Yep...simple stuff is easy...if I could make it do it consistently that would help all of us....I drag raced for a decade as a young pup....so taken apart stuff and checking the simple is done before a question asked....Im sure its common enough..

If it was a small block Chevy or Ford Id have some ideas.. not familiar with how this puppy is built till it gets taken apart...Its my only transportation ...need to be wise...

I agree, all things said so far would make me first check to assure the air pressure is right especially on that side.

Then it is time to check the elastomers. It is easier than a carb on a chevy small block...

[email protected] 08-14-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

No insult intended.

rwoynaro 08-15-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

You have the background, when you fix whatever is causing the problem, maybe you could NOS and really go for a glide !