SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm Back! (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35187)

japaneezy 08-10-2017 07:38 PM

I'm Back!

Been almost a decade since I sold my i2. Just picked up the MiniPro and I'm ready to glide again! Also got some handlebars for it since I'm not quite sure about the knee controls...

MuttonChops 08-14-2017 04:12 PM

Let Us Know Your Experience

Will be interesting to hear how you like it.

Hard to match i2 quality, reliability, range, comfort. And from most posts here the NineBot machine does not come close.

= = = =
10,700+ miles i2 gliding :)

japaneezy 08-14-2017 10:20 PM

The build quality is solid and with the handlebar from more4mini, it feels almost exactly like a miniature i2. The only drawbacks i feels so far are:

The smaller tires, so you feel every little bump.

The narrower wheelbase, makes you really have to think about how you move your weight around when leaning into turns, especially when you're top heavy like when you're wearing a backpack or traversing a slope laterally.

The top speed. Being used to the i2, you really want to push the mini, especially when you stick handlebars on it.

Self balancing doesn't turn off when you step off of it, so when the handlebars are on, it will run away from you if you let go of it. Can be fixed with a simple coil leash type clipped onto your belt though.

MuttonChops 08-15-2017 06:26 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by japaneezy (Post 241666)
The build quality is solid and with the handlebar from more4mini, it feels almost exactly like a miniature i2. The only drawbacks i feels so far are:

The narrower wheelbase,

The top speed.

Self balancing doesn't turn off when you step off of it, .

i2 also run away when you step off . . .
Riderless Balance Mode, which allows you to slowly move the Segway PT when you are not riding it. Step down off the Segway PT, and walk with your Segway PT in Riderless Balance Mode to move around obstacles, stairs, or terrain that is difficult to navigate. When the Segway PT is in Riderless Balance Mode, it is important to hold onto the Handlebar to prevent the Segway PT from moving on its own. . . .

Enjoy & Welcome Back. :thumbsup:

PeteInLongBeach 08-15-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japaneezy (Post 241666)

The narrower wheelbase, makes you really have to think about how you move your weight around when leaning into turns, especially when you're top heavy like when you're wearing a backpack or traversing a slope laterally.

The top speed. Being used to the i2, you really want to push the mini, especially when you stick handlebars on it.

Self balancing doesn't turn off when you step off of it, so when the handlebars are on, it will run away from you if you let go of it. Can be fixed with a simple coil leash type clipped onto your belt though.

I would add to that list: NO redundancy of systems / circuitry. Not safe enough for me.