SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Why run the MiniPro app when riding?? (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34809)

cpuKEN 12-01-2016 09:16 AM

Why run the MiniPro app when riding??

I usually run the app when I'm out for a ride but there's been a few times when I just plain forgot. Other than not having captured details of that ride, what negatives are there, if any?

Tritium 12-01-2016 09:28 AM

Why run the MiniPro app when riding??

The only negative I could see would be some light battery drain on your mobile device.

-Tritium

cpuKEN 12-01-2016 01:48 PM

Normally when I do remember to launch the app and make the Bluetooth connection, I put my phone in my pocket... So I'm not seeing my speed and whatever other details are displayed within the app.
One nice thing I do get when having a Bluetooth connection with the app running, is that I have a Samsung Gear S2 smart watch. So when the app sends it's various notifications to the phone (going to fast, motor stressed, etc), I can just glance at my watch to see what's happening!

SegNerd 12-01-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritium (Post 240519)
The only negative I could see would be some light battery drain on your mobile device.

-Tritium

I think he was asking about the negatives of not using the app.

DaleH 12-05-2016 11:35 PM

I like to run the app so I can keep track of how many total miles I have on the MiniPro. I assume if you don't use the app it won't keep track of total miles?

Dale - AZ

Gihgehls 12-09-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleH (Post 240538)
I like to run the app so I can keep track of how many total miles I have on the MiniPro. I assume if you don't use the app it won't keep track of total miles?

Dale - AZ

Total miles are recorded on the base, just like on an i2.

Gihgehls 12-09-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritium (Post 240519)

-Tritium

If the app was well-designed, this would be true. However, the app remains running even after quitting out and causes a significant drain on the battery while it is running, even if the MiniPro is off. I only use the app to show off the remote control feature.

rotorblades 12-10-2016 04:01 AM

[
who else is tired of fake:"news stories and this mini pro junk?this is a segway site

DaleH 12-10-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gihgehls (Post 240575)
Total miles are recorded on the base, just like on an i2.

Thanks Gihgehls, I didn't know that. I've never tried without the app. I'm glad it will keep track of total miles without the app.

Dale

Tritium 12-11-2016 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorblades (Post 240577)
[
who else is tired of fake:"news stories and this mini pro junk?this is a segway site

Well, considering the Mini Pro is a Segway/Ninebot product, I think it's completely applicable to SegwayChat.