SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Football? (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=17727)

KSagal 02-03-2008 07:16 PM

Football?

Jonathan,

You know I am not really into football at all, but before the game starts, you must admit, there is no way that New York can keep up with or compete with Boston, right?

polo_pro 02-03-2008 10:28 PM

The Coke commercial was funny. As segway owners, you can't ask for better press than that. Segways are being portrayed as yet another fun recreational activity (along with a little competition...did you hear the motors rev as one politician sped up a bit trying to get past the other?).

Hmmm...maybe next year, they'll have polo mallets in hand, eh? 8^) 8^) 8^)

macgeek 02-03-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 163165)
Jonathan,

You know I am not really into football at all, but before the game starts, you must admit, there is no way that New York can keep up with or compete with Boston, right?

NY doesnt need to keep up, there ahead..

Jonathan

KSagal 02-03-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgeek (Post 163198)
NY doesnt need to keep up, there ahead..

Jonathan

My wife ( who watched the game, I was playing on the internet and watching old Star Trek re-runs) just told me NY won...

Good for you, Jon. I am sure you helped. Congratulations.

macgeek 02-03-2008 11:15 PM

It's OK Karl

Maybe boston will learn, that even though they are creative, they still can't match a master of his craft, oh and maybe they will learn about football too

:)

Jonathan

nora k 02-03-2008 11:24 PM

Go Manning!

It's so easy to root for superbowl MVPs when they all have the same name!

Go Mannings!

Superbowl MVP XLI/XLII

jon - these new yorkers in the midwest are celebrating with you! i tried to call my mom after the game and the calls wouldn't go through! the network was full of jubilant long islanders celebrating!

BillK 02-04-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 163165)
Jonathan,

Ahem ...;)
Bill

Desert_Seg 02-04-2008 02:09 AM

Very sad day... l'm a lifelong Patriots fan and, sigh, our perfect season has been marred.

I used to hate the Raiders...I think I'll add the Giants to the pile.

Steven

gbrandwood 02-04-2008 05:06 AM

Oh - that football! The kind without David Beckham, a spherical ball and meat and potato pies. I better leave now...

Desert_Seg 02-04-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrandwood (Post 163248)
Oh - that football! The kind without David Beckham, a spherical ball and meat and potato pies. I better leave now...

No, you can stay. You might learn something besides "footie".

Steven