SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My Experience with the Ninebot / Segway Mini (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34316)

P99Guy 10-03-2016 09:55 PM

I am 250lbs 6'1" and have been riding the Mini-Pro for over a month now.

I have 80 miles on it. It appears to be holding up just fine.

I do have some additional noise/vibration at low speeds on smooth floors but do not notice it on any other surface.(those may have been caused by jumping small curbs)

I can hit 10.9mph regularly before lean back even at my weight.

LOVE IT!! Last week I bought the Elite + but don't like it as much due to the gear drive.

Jnoel 10-05-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P99Guy (Post 240226)

I do have some additional noise/vibration at low speeds on smooth floors but do not notice it on any other surface.(those may have been caused by jumping small curbs)

LOVE IT!! Last week I bought the Elite + but don't like it as much due to the gear drive.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm not even more excited for the arrival of my miniPro. That said Amazon seems to be having issues getting them out the door. I'm on the verge of the ship date being pushed back for a second one since ordering. I'm hoping it doesn't happen and I will indeed get a chance to ride it this weekend.

gregn 10-06-2016 07:28 AM

@Jnoel; thanks! Enjoy it! Take it slow at first. It takes some different body language. I found being close to its limit my inertia is strong and it takes a bit of practice to feel the road under you. Turns at speed require a good lean into the turn and weight on the outside foot. I also noticed the tire pressures are important. The tire says max 30psi. Others have said use 45psi. I find 30 fine but if you let it get low the handling gets squirrley. I think some of my too sharp turns may have burped some air out of the tubeless tires. I am being a bit mellower now. Must be one of the reasons for the weight limit.
Also the steering bar is sensitive and will throw you off balance sideways if you put to much force on it accidentally

The vibration is the slow rotation of the motors. The polarity switching causes this. Heavier load equals more work for the motor at low rpm. I try to keep them spinning as much as possible and not ask for too much power at first. I will guide it by hand to a more level surface before stepping on for example. This is for off road conditions by the way. On flat pavement or floors it shouldn't be an issue I would think.

Jnoel 10-06-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P99Guy (Post 240226)

I'm curious, why did you pick up the Elite +when you already have the miniPro? Just for fun? Or was there a practical application?

Jnoel 10-06-2016 08:44 AM

@gregn. Thanks for the suggestions! Looks like it may be a while before my unit arrives as amazon is having issues getting these out the door, still looking fe to it though. My riding will be almost exclusively on pavement so your feedback is encouraging.

Segway Corvallis 10-07-2016 01:14 AM

Mini Pro's In Stock & Ready to Sell

I have several brand new Segway/Ninebot Mini Pro's in stock & ready to ship.
$755 + $25 Freight cont. USA. I have been a Segway Dealer for 13 years and think the Mini Pro is fantastic!
Rick Bennett
Segway Of Corvallis
202 NW 3rd St
Corvallis OR 97330
[email protected]
541-740-3021
If you are interested in purchase contact me by email or phone
Thanks!
P.S. I'm 6'5" 255 lbs. - Easy to ride!

P99Guy 10-07-2016 10:38 PM

Response to Jnoel

I purchased the Elite + because the sidewalks around me are really horrible and I wanted larger tires for the bumps and pavement transitions.

I still prefer the Mini Pro on areas that I am comfortable/ familiar with.

I ride the Mini Pro 100% of the time at the office and while in stores.

The Elite allows me to explore new areas while paying a bit less attention to the pavement.

That said, you will absolutely love the Mini Pro!

Enjoy!

P99Guy 10-26-2016 12:32 AM

Jnoel,

Did you get your mini-pro yet?

I am still using mine daily! Have over 100 miles on it with no ill effects.

Jnoel 11-02-2016 03:09 PM

Hi P99Guy!

Sorry for the delayed reply! Yes I have bought one! I actually cancelled my Amazon order and purchased from Rick over at Segway of Corvallis, he was awesome to work with and the unit shipped same day.

So far I am having no issues other than getting less miles per charge than advertised. Also - hitting hills seems to really suck the juice.

Other than that I love it and am very happy. I even bought another one for my father. I do get a bit frustrated by the speed limit on flat land, it seems pretty silly to me as you can tell the unit has more juice in it.

P99Guy 11-02-2016 09:42 PM

Glad to know it is working out for you.

Yes the limit sucks. It seems like mine is always beeping at me.

I am not hitting many hills so I may not have noticed but it always shows me 14 miles after a full charge. I have gone as far as 9 miles and still had almost half a battery left so the mileage shown may not be that accurate.

It is pretty sturdy, I weighed myself with backpack the other day at 282 and it sees that weight everyday.