SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   E04a (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33890)

airdale 08-01-2015 06:39 PM

E04a

Segway got wet yesterday, not directly.....Crazy storm had wind blowing at 90 angle....

Jumped on it today....was fine...About a mile in and a deep deep incline...all the sudden stick shake, and then shutdown....( error code E04A w/wrench)...

Tried restarting it...after a few tries...it was fine...headed home no problems...Stopped for coffee, now nothing....

Took battery's out, flipped them, nothing....servos wont even start up....

Suggestions....

SegNerd 08-02-2015 11:34 PM

E04A indicates CU B: CU - BSA down.

I hope things work out for you.

Tritium 08-03-2015 05:25 AM

Sounds expensive, and bad.

Let it dry for a day or so and if it still does not power up, it's time to send it in.

airdale 08-03-2015 11:44 AM

Update:

Well, next morning I walked out in the morning expecting the worse....

Started right up?..... Took it out 2 times....first trip was for 3 miles, then later ran to grocery store....

Zero problems, but now in the back of my mind wondering what the problem was?

My Seg is the only way I get around, and the bus.....Going to keep a close eye on it....

SegNerd 08-03-2015 01:07 PM

Hopefully the error won't come back again. As a general rule, I wouldn't really start worrying unless either you get shutdowns frequently, or you get the same error code multiple times.

I also am a "Seg-and-bus only" person, so I wish you the best.

KSagal 08-04-2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 237951)
Well, next morning I walked out in the morning expecting the worse....

Started right up?..... Took it out 2 times....first trip was for 3 miles, then later ran to grocery store....

Zero problems, but now in the back of my mind wondering what the problem was?

My Seg is the only way I get around, and the bus.....Going to keep a close eye on it....

Have you tried to duplicate the route that showed the fault? Have you been up that steep climb again?

As nervous as it makes you, now that it is dried out, it may make sense to do exactly what you did on the day when it gave you the code, to be sure it was a temporary thing, rather than an event generated thing.

Perhaps your balance assembly has certain limitations, but otherwise works well. If this is the case, it would be good to know.

Most of us let the machine set its own limits. We climb hills till the machine stops, or bounce along over cobblestones till the limiter kicks in.

As our machines get older, it may make more sense for us to consider limiting the stresses we subject them to, or at least manage those limits more personally...

airdale 08-04-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 237955)
Have you tried to duplicate the route that showed the fault? Have you been up that steep climb again?

As nervous as it makes you, now that it is dried out, it may make sense to do exactly what you did on the day when it gave you the code, to be sure it was a temporary thing, rather than an event generated thing.

Perhaps your balance assembly has certain limitations, but otherwise works well. If this is the case, it would be good to know.

Most of us let the machine set its own limits. We climb hills till the machine stops, or bounce along over cobblestones till the limiter kicks in.

As our machines get older, it may make more sense for us to consider limiting the stresses we subject them to, or at least manage those limits more personally...

Great thought, I will try that hill again.....as that street is were I will be building my home in the coming years......Good idea...!

airdale 08-05-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 237955)

You nailed it right on............Took same trip, and bingo....I have talked to a Seg dealer in Scottsdale that is going to help me send it to factory....What a bummer, right at its 2 year birthday....

Now have to find someone who drives, to make the 4 hour trip back and forth....

Thank you everyone for the tips and help....

airdale 09-10-2015 06:30 PM

Well just heard from factory.....gonna cost me $1000 to get it fixed....

sigh....hard to swallow with less that 2000 miles on it....

Hope I get it back in next 2 weeks.....when its your only ride its tuff!

Tritium 09-11-2015 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 238171)
Well just heard from factory.....gonna cost me $1000 to get it fixed....

sigh....hard to swallow with less that 2000 miles on it....

Hope I get it back in next 2 weeks.....when its your only ride its tuff!

If it would help you, I can loan you my i180 for a while until you get your machine back.

Give me a call if you want:
520-548-4120