SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   SegSaddle out of business (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34843)

jfsenechal 12-19-2016 04:18 PM

SegSaddle out of business

Hello

I look for a long time for a segway with the adaptation of the SegSaddle
Considering the price I would have liked to test before buying
In europe (and more precisely in belgium) and yes a little Belgian on this forum ;-)
These devices are not common in our countries

And by consulting this forum I learn that the SegSaddle is no longer produced

Shame :-(

So first question is there an alternative? Or a buyer?

I am suffering from a muscular disease (myopathy) and this device makes me dream

ions82 01-02-2017 09:26 AM

I believe the GlideSaddle is the closest one that is still on the market. It doesn't appear to be quite as "refined" as the SegSaddle, but it's cheaper and appears to be every bit as functional. I was fortunate to buy a Segway with the SegSaddle already in place. Perhaps I will be able to make copies of it some day. It is a very nice addition to my i2. For me, an i2 with a seat is the perfect mobility device. I rarely drive my car anymore as I can just take the Segway right to the store and sit down once I go inside. I love it!

jfsenechal 01-02-2017 09:48 AM

GlideSaddle look great, i will inquire :)

This is what I need to go for a walk with my dogs

How much does a segway i2 cost in your country?

In belgium 8100 euros (8500 dollars)

Thank for you help

airdale 01-02-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsenechal (Post 240629)
Hello

I am suffering from a muscular disease (myopathy) and this device makes me dream

Yes for those of us that are disabled or have a disability they are a wonderful chance for a bit more freedom!
Good luck to you! :)

rwoynaro 01-03-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsenechal (Post 240629)
Hello

I look for a long time for a segway with the adaptation of the SegSaddle
Considering the price I would have liked to test before buying
In europe (and more precisely in belgium) and yes a little Belgian on this forum ;-)
These devices are not common in our countries

And by consulting this forum I learn that the SegSaddle is no longer produced

I have MS and the SegSaddle was my ultimate solution as well, I have 2.
Brian Hughes (the owner of SegSaddle) was a great guy and gave great support too. I am very sorry to see it go. I concur that the GlideSaddle is the next best thing, I will be looking into getting one this spring. From what I can see, the main difference is that I believe the seat height is not dynamically adjustable, it looks like it has a pin that you insert to set it at your desired height, the SegSaddle you just pull up and it adjusts. There are a few other seated options like the "LeanSeat" made by the SegVator company. I have one of those, its not nearly as comfortable nor functional for me as the SegSaddle is., but its alot cheaper. They are the only seated options I have tried to date. I havn't seen any seat options for the new Segways, the ninebots or minipros to date.

rotorblades 01-04-2017 03:29 AM

[i bought a segsaddle[ouch] and ended up not installing it it is nicely built im not comfortable on a bike" seat i ended up just parking near a seat and leaning my x2 seg to park it then sitting down near it im happy doing that
:thumbsup:

lexiegdy 05-04-2017 04:21 AM

Have you thought about Blumil for Segway

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorblades (Post 240711)
[i bought a segsaddle[ouch] and ended up not installing it it is nicely built im not comfortable on a bike" seat i ended up just parking near a seat and leaning my x2 seg to park it then sitting down near it im happy doing that
:thumbsup:

There is another solution, quite affordable too. It's adaptation kit called Blumil, available in Europe and US. Can be tested too.

jfsenechal 05-04-2017 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello

I decided and I took a nino robotics

ww.nino-robotics.com

I could try it before buying

I have only since yesterday so not yet much back ...