PDA

View Full Version : Help with an Error Code E08B

tomob3
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
This is my first post on the forum and I hope I've posted in the proper area. I am new to the Segway. I bought my first unit, a used 2006 i2, about 6 weeks ago and glide almost every day. I went gliding last night for about 8 miles. Just as igot back to my house, the Segway went into shutdown and gave me a sad face, wrench, and an E08B error code. I've searched the forum and Google and cant find a reference to this code anywhere. I'd appreciate any help.

Civicsman
04-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Unfortunately, Segway INC does not release the error codes. A few have leaked out over the years and are seen on the forum. There are dealers who post on the forum, but they have not provided a list of codes. Either they are bound by confidentiality (likely), or they don't have the codes themselves.

Also unfortunately, virtually all of the codes that cause a shutdown and aren't attributable to the batteries end up with "take it to a dealer or send it to Segway, INC". If I were you, I would call Segway and see what they can do over the phone. Also, they should be able to direct you to a dealer that has the proper training to do diagnostics.

amurph55
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Has anyone tried opening their segway up? I am having a problem with the wheels takinig off when the pressure sensors are engaged.

verticlecruiser
03-14-2012, 05:29 AM
I called the dealer and they said it was a cu problem, told me to lay it down over night and try it the next day.

PTQueensland
05-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Tomob3
E08B Comm Fault CU B Reporting FAILED INITIALIZATION
You will have to take your PT into a dealer for service.
Cheers