PDA

View Full Version : PT (i2/x2) Error Codes & Meanings

gbrandwood
10-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Sorry if you thought you were going to get all the error code meanings on this thread - I don't have them. :rolleyes: But between us all, we should be able to compile a list. So, please post any error codes you get from your PT and the associated meanings (if you know or as they become available). One thread to bring it all together might be helpful.

Was no list circulated at the fest?

gbrandwood
10-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Error code: C103, C100
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13656
Meaning: ? Temperature ?

Error code: E205
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13132
Meaning: ?

Error code: E102
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13762
Meaning: Dead battery.

Error code: E10A
Meaning: Power Base failure.

Error code: E017
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13649
Meaning: ? Moisture ?

Can a dealer not get the definitive list from INC?

gbrandwood
10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Dealers do not have a list of error codes yet. Segway is working on a list of codes to publish. First they wanted to have them so that everyone would HAVE to call in so they could keep track of what errors were occuring. Now they are working on dealer/consumer friendly descriptions of the error codes and will deploy the list on their website (so they can capture the inquiries). There is no timeline set yet but it IS being worked on.Guess I'll just post a link here when it goes live. Until then, any info we find could still go here.

dave
11-01-2006, 12:33 AM
I discovered this error code when playing with the second infokey I received. If you start the Segway with one infokey, and shut it down with the second infokey, the first infokey shows this error code: E012

ryan_walters
11-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Error code C040:

As far as I can tell, this error code is displayed when the wheels loose traction while in rider balance mode. After about 5 seconds of displaying the error message, the segway powers down completely.

I've gotten this twice so far:

Once after getting off to lead it up a curb. It takes a second or two for the seg to drop back to riderless balance mode after getting off, especially if the mats are cold; I suspect they don't 'pop back up' as quick. It was still in full rider balance mode when I leaned it forward for it to go up the curb. With the snow, the wheels didn't have enough traction to climb the curb and started spinning. Because it was still in 'rider' mode, it applies power way quicker than when 'riderless'. It spun the wheels for a second or so, and shuts down with C040.

The second time, also related to snow: Going up a snow covered grass hill slowly. Wheels lost traction (with me on it), forcing me to step forward to avoid falling. Wheels continued to spin for a second until C040 and power down.

gbrandwood
11-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Error code: E17F
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13911
Meaning: Pushing the envelope too far when braking?

Error code: C208
Meaning: Temporary error, occurred after charge then power on

ryan_walters
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Error code: C106

Meaning: Occurs because of a low battery condition.

Solution: Find some power, and charge the batteries. ;)

PeterS
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM
UPDATE:
Segway replied in just one day :)

Meaning: The Front CU Board reports: Power base fault (May be due to excessive moisture)
Recommended Action: (1) Allow PT to dry completely (if applicable), (2) Remove and reseat batteries, (3) Install alternate set of battery packs. If the same error code is persistent replace the power base or return to factory for service Fault detected in the battery pack attached to me

Occured powering on right after charging.
Meaning: The Front CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold
Recommended Action: Allow the battery packs to return to a moderate temperature

ryan_walters
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
C108: Batteries too cold?

I got C108 nearing the end of my trip. I was down to 1 bar at -6c (21F). I was getting flat face on level ground at about 15km/h. I went up a slight hill, and only got about 8km/h. Zigzagging through some metal barriers (desinged to keep cars out?) at the end of the pathway hill, I was getting stick shake, ie 'your demading too much power'. A few seconds later, I got a safety shutdown that wasn't low battery related, as I still had one bar. I'm assuming the batteries couldn't hold enough voltage to maintain the headroom the segway wanted.

I started it back up and came back carefully.

Freddy
11-12-2006, 06:04 PM
C-108 came up when
Removing cord after charging and going down hill 1/4 mile,
Of course the speed limiter was kicked in to keep me about 5 mph
after turning around at the bottom to start back up , emergency shutdown with the code C-108
Unit fired back up and no problem
Fred

WestTex
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
My Segway X2 worked for 1 day. Now it won't start & I get these codes:

E042 with a ! symbol

I removed and reset the batteries and the x2 worked again. I turned it off then started it up and got this error code:

E04A with a wrench symbol

I turned it off again then started it up and got this error code again:

E042 with a ! symbol which I get every time now.

Any suggestions other than driving 560 miles round trip to my nearest dealer? Thanks for the help.

gbrandwood
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Error code: E015
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?p=130305#post130305
Cause: "if I have the i2 in RBM against a wall, then step on and make a quick 180, I get a safety shutdown with an E015 error"

Klerkan
11-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Error code 205 means one of the controller board has a malfunction.

att the time this happend the machine was so new, and segway att Stockholm dident have anny spare part in stock. so they just gave me a new baseunit.

Schanne
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
E086 is an error in the propulsion subsystem.

If the problem keeps occuring, the base needs to be replaced.

(And yes i found that out the hard way :o )

terryp
12-01-2006, 11:31 PM
I've gotten this error with a safety shutdown four times now - twice in a row today. It appears to occur if I take off either uphill or downhill too soon after stepping on in balance mode. The 'hill' doesn't need to be at all steep either. Actually, it may not be a safety shutdown. It beeps like one, but doesn't shut off when I step off - I have to shut it off manually. I'll experiment to try to get more information.

bystander
12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
From this post:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showpost.php?p=131602&postcount=10

E102 & E10A

I contacted Barbara in Customer Service this morning, and she said error E102 means one controller board is having a problem communicating with the batteries, and that the suggested test is to swap packs front to back. Did that, and now get error E10A. She says that means the other controller is having trouble. She couldn't say whether that indicates a bad pack, or bad power base.

Similar symptom noted here:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showpost.php?p=127711&postcount=8

(That is, swapping positions of the battery packs exchanged codes E102 & E10A)

cruiter
12-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Today, I rode to a Home Depot and parked (with security on) outside the front door to just buy a couple of light bulbs. When using the self check, I put the info key and helmet on the metal plate for goods just before scanning them. While walking back to the seg, I noticed "E E" was on the infokey. I couldn't get rid of it, so just removed the battery to reset it then everything was fine. I did have to reset the date, time, etc. Has anyone else experience this? I'm sure it had to do with being near the scanner.

slide4less
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Error code: E407

The Rear CU Board reports: Power base fault

Recommended Action: If the same error code is persistent replace the power base or return to factory for service

Much Regards,

segway scotty
03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I discovered this error code when playing with the second infokey I received. If you start the Segway with one infokey, and shut it down with the second infokey, the first infokey shows this error code: E012

do the recalibration , thats what segway told me to do.
I drained the batts just like the manual told me and
no more codes so far-- my new x2 is working great.
they say your x2 only works as good as the worst battery
this rebalances them. anyway it worth a try.

martinbogo
03-10-2007, 02:17 PM
After swapping batteries, I got an e102 message .. the off-board charger had gotten the contacts on the batteries dirty. If you use more than one set of batteries, check the contacts for cleanliness.

After cleaning the contacts (pencil eraser + air can method) the error disappeared.

SEGsby
03-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Since I replaced the "bad" battery in Herbie, I've not had a single calibration issue.

Used to get weird power level readings every couple days, depending on usuage.

SEGsby

Drewi216
05-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know what E10D means? This happend when i tried to power on my segway after a brief ride, i checked the temperature and it was fine.

snake1111
05-24-2007, 07:43 AM
E40F happens redundant times on my last glide. followed by emergency shutdown. after bootup 10 seconds or 10 minutes ok. but still repeating :confused:

snake1111
07-18-2007, 03:32 AM
E40F happens redundant times on my last glide. followed by emergency shutdown. after bootup 10 seconds or 10 minutes ok. but still repeating :confused:

its an error in the propulsion subsystem. base has to return to mothership

Mobile Approach
08-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know what this error code means?

gbrandwood
08-12-2007, 02:22 PM
When will Segway be releasing the known list of error codes? Anyone know? I remember there was talk of this happening when the i2s first came out. It would make answering questions like the above a cinch.

terryp
08-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I got this one, with a safety shutdown - three times in less than a block, going down a rather steep hill in Seattle on a full charge - one hour after unplugging.

I guessing it's the Seg's way of saying that the hill is so steep that even forcing you to slow down isn't enough to prevent overcharging.

Getting a shutdown on a steep hill is frustrating. It's difficult to restart and find level when the Seg is trying to roll away.

safety1st
09-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I got this one, with a safety shutdown - three times in less than a block, going down a rather steep hill in Seattle on a full charge - one hour after unplugging.

I guessing it's the Seg's way of saying that the hill is so steep that even forcing you to slow down isn't enough to prevent overcharging.

Getting a shutdown on a steep hill is frustrating. It's difficult to restart and find level when the Seg is trying to roll away.

Decode of Error code

The Front CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold

David Ford

dgbint
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
When will Segway be releasing the known list of error codes?

It has been released to dealers, some time ago.

It is not a document, it is an online tool, thus is, always current.
Dealers with online access to the Dealer Extranet can answer questions like this, but cannot give you a print out.

So if you have a problem, contact your local dealer ( as always ) and seek guidance.

Michael

gbrandwood
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
I think that's great but it would be better, in my opinion, if such information was available to everyone. Why can't it be made available to us plebs - with perhaps pointers to the dealers for further explanations? Still, it's a step in the right direction and thanks for the update, appreciated.

terryp
09-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Decode of Error code

The Front CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold

David Ford
I hadn't been back here for a while, so just found your description.

The i2 was charged in a warm garage, transported in a warm car, and produced the shutdowns with error C208 just after being removed from the car - on a pleasantly warm morning. So that definitely doesn't fit.

terryp
09-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I had my second unexplained mid-intersection 'safety' shutdown this morning. The last occurred a couple months ago, and it acted exactly the same both times.

After waiting for the signal I started into the intersection, going down a gentle curb cut. There was no problem until halfway across, when I got a sudden pull-back, stick shake and beeping. Being in the middle of the intersection, I didn't concentrate on checking the error code - just on getting out of the way of traffic, so E104 may be wrong. I do remember seeing the wrench.

Pushed to the curb, restarted, and had no problems after that.

It occurred to me that since the Seg is known to be susceptible to RF from some store security systems, it might also be susceptible to RF from cel phones or some other source. A long shot, but I'd prefer to think it might be that instead of an internal problem.

jacky1982
10-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks for this valuable thread!

Drewi216
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
does anyone know what E003 is, i was looking thorugh the test mode of my key, and the last known error code was that, i do not recall a safety shutdown with this error code though

terryp
10-24-2007, 03:15 PM

I stopped for coffee on the way to work, and left the Seg in standby mode with the infokey attached. When I went to leave, I found the Seg powered down - as expected, but the infokey was still turned on, with an E012 error code. Since it apparently thought the Seg was still running, it wouldn't let me start it without first resetting the infokey by releasing the back. I don't carry the spare infokey with me, so this can't be what Dave described.

ryan_walters
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
I stopped for coffee on the way to work, and left the Seg in standby mode with the infokey attached. When I went to leave, I found the Seg powered down - as expected, but the infokey was still turned on, with an E012 error code. Since it apparently thought the Seg was still running, it wouldn't let me start it without first resetting the infokey by releasing the back. I don't carry the spare infokey with me, so this can't be what Dave described.

Could be the same cause though. In the two infokey case, the first infokey didn't know that the segway was going to power down, it just did. In the one infoeky case, possibly the infokey didn't 'hear' the communication from the segway that it was powering down due to a standby time-out. While riding, i've noticed the infokey loose rf link with the segway for a second or two at a time. Even though I'm quite near. (standing on it)

bystander
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
It occurred to me that since the Seg is known to be susceptible to RF from some store security systems, it might also be susceptible to RF from cel phones or some other source. A long shot, but I'd prefer to think it might be that instead of an internal problem.Here's a two page article that explains how susceptible or resilient 2.4 Ghz RF devices (wi-fi, bluetooth, zigbee, etc.) are to interference with each other.

http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/60401206;jsessionid=WY5LTZGBQRTAAQSNDLPCKHSCJUNN2J VN?pgno=1

As far as I know, the store security systems don't interfere with the infokey communication, but some systems may interfere with either the gryo sensors or the motor sensors on a much lower frequency, somewhere in the khz to hundreds of khz region of the RF band. On the gen1, the symptom is stick shake and possible safety shutdown. I don't recall whether anyone with a gen2 has experienced and reported the symptoms yet.

terryp
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
I usually let my i2 drain off a little charge by letting it run in RBM against the wall (in a warm garage) while I eat breakfast. Still, it usually starts pushing back before I reach the bottom of the hill, so I just turn around, go uphill a little way, then start back down, and don't get any more pushback.

This morning I waited less than a minute before taking off. Partway down the hill I got the usual pushback, so started heading uphill. The i2 brought me to almost a full stop, so I took it real easy, waiting for it to realize that the batteries were now draining - not charging, but it never figured it out, and would barely let me move. Eventually I even got a little stick shake. So I decided to try going back downhill again - slowly. That's when it shutdown altogether with a C100 error.

After a little messing around in the dark I finally got it restarted, and from then on had no problems.

GlennO
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I had mine quit on me yesterday afternoon, in the middle of a mall parking lot! I got the code E086, and had to walk it home. Every block I tried again, and on the 3rd try the error code changed to E407. I brought it home and charged it up (It was on 7 bars).

I got the same error this morning, so I took my racks and bags off and gave it a quick hose to remove yesterday's mud.
Two hours later, and it goes on with no error codes at all.
Does anybody have any idea if this is going to happen again?

Glenn

ryan_walters
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Call INC and ask what the error codes are. They should be able to tell you. Considering it wouldn't start immediately after shuting down, I'd want to know what it was complaining about. Both codes too. Good that it starts now, but the description of the error might give you a clue as to whether it is likely to happen again.

GlennO
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I did email my dealer, but I haven't gotten any reply back yet.

Both of these were listed on page 2 - but I really don't know just how accurate the descriptions are...

Post 14 E086 Propulsion subsystem
Post 18 E407 Rear CU Board reports Power Base Fault

Plain English would be nice.

Glenn

SegWayne
11-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I had mine quit on me yesterday afternoon, in the middle of a mall parking lot! I got the code E086, and had to walk it home. Every block I tried again, and on the 3rd try the error code changed to E407. I brought it home and charged it up (It was on 7 bars).

I got the same error this morning, so I took my racks and bags off and gave it a quick hose to remove yesterday's mud.
Two hours later, and it goes on with no error codes at all.
Does anybody have any idea if this is going to happen again?

Glenn

Did any of the mud/water get into the charging port? if so it maybe shorted out until you cleaned it. just a thought. also, 'cause you stay Hawaii, maybe the batteries overheated (combo of hot weather and reflection of hot pavement) and they did not cool correctly until you got home. be sure not to get that charging port submerged, (ie stay out of the taro fields).

GlennO
11-07-2007, 11:36 PM
No, there was only about 1/2" at best of mud in just a few places. The tire tread picked it up. I basically washed it out to clean it up before the dealer showed up. Of course, he hasn't replied to my emails yet. They keep wierd hours here.

As for the heat, that isn't a factor either. After the rain it was relatively cool - about 82 or so. I've been out riding at 89 degrees so many times it isn't funny. I've got pavement all the way too.

I haven't taken it back out yet. Inc. really didn't give me any good answers. I just hope and pray that I don't have to pull it home. I decided to swap the batteries. If it does break down again maybe I'll get lucky and get another code.

The really wierd part is that I will have had it for one year exactly - in another 7 days! I haven't crashed on it - ever. It has fallen over a few times while it was locked up, but that is it.

Wish me luck!

Glenn

GlennO
11-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Well, I finally got enough courage to try it out again. This time I made it twice as far as the last time before it beeped me off. I got the same error codes - so I guess that it is going back.

Darn it!

Glenn

gbrandwood
11-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Got an E027 plus a wrench when I tried to start the other night. I had it plugged in the first time I tried to start it (oops) but got the error a few times after it was unplugged. Started with only half a charge and a red rear light. Anyone know what E027 means? Dealer thinks it's a connection problem. TIA

gbrandwood
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Will has cleared up E027 error in my other thread. (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?p=155968#post155968) Here are the details:

Here is the following response for putting in that error code into the magic box of Gen Two Answers!

Error code: E027

The Rear CU Board reports: Fault detected in the battery pack attached to me

Recommended Action: (1) Swap positions of battery packs to verify fault follows that battery pack (Red charge indicator LED should accompany this error code when the PT is plugged into AC), (2) Replace battery pack if same error code is persistent

PeteInLongBeach
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I was going down to the local dealer to check out the new parking stand, but apparently the i2 is telling me it doesn't want one. It displayed E014 and would not start. I tried removing/swapping/reinstalling the batteries, but that didn't cure it.

Prior to this several weeks ago it displayed a red light on one of the charge indicators, which followed the battery when swapped. However the machine started normally, and after that the red light did not come back for a few weeks. Battery range has appeared to be very healthy. But I noticed the red light again a few nights ago, and again cured it by starting/stopping the machine. Now it's still showing green lights on both batteries today, but it is now displaying the error and will not start.

The dealer is requesting an RMA from INC.

Any thoughts?

bentbiker
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Any thoughts?I think it is just upset that you didn't take it on the Back Bay Glide.

Did Suzanne put a different battery on to see if the problem goes away? Or, does your 180 have L-ions?

PeteInLongBeach
12-02-2007, 12:46 AM
I suppose I will try switching one of the i180 batteries for the questionable one on the i2 and see if it starts. But it is showing normal green light charging right now, and even when it was showing a red light it started normally and resolved the red light. Strange.

polo_pro
12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I suppose I will try switching one of the i180 batteries for the questionable one on the i2 and see if it starts. But it is showing normal green light charging right now, and even when it was showing a red light it started normally and resolved the red light. Strange.

This won't work. The i2 needs AF Li-Ions, and most i180's come with AB Li-Ions or AC Li-Ions. For those that may not realize what the two letters before "Li-Ions" means in the last sentence, each Li-Ion battery has a Rev number.

We run into this problem all the time in polo.

ps - I do remember a post from Pete a few months ago saying that one of his i180 batteries had been drained to the point of not taking a charge. If he replaced that Li-Ion, then he quite possibly may have a spare AF Li-Ion battery, because any new Li-Ion battery being sold today is AF Li-Ion.

PeteInLongBeach
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
ps - I do remember a post from Pete a few months ago saying that one of his i180 batteries had been drained to the point of not taking a charge. If he replaced that Li-Ion, then he quite possibly may have a spare AF Li-Ion battery, because any new Li-Ion battery being sold today is AF Li-Ion.

Actually, that's not quite what happened with that failed battery (even though off-charge for certain periods, it never appeared to get dangerously low and it was not the keyport maintenance battery) but whatever... I didn't buy a new battery at the time - Segway replaced it with a good used battery and all has been well since then. I don't know whether the replacement is AF or not yet. I think I'll wait and see the results of the RMA request and if there is any feedback on the error code.

PeteInLongBeach
12-13-2007, 01:38 AM
It's over 10 days later and still no RMA from INC to the dealer to initiate repairs on the i2. Likewise, no reponse to the "customer support inquiry" form that I also submitted via the website.

How long should it take for some kind of response?

bentbiker
12-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Two hours.

ru12cb4
04-20-2008, 10:11 PM
What's the deal if you get no reading on you Info key on X2's? My info key shows the antenna at the bottom and some numbers at the very top but nada. Also the battery indicators do not light up. They did when I initally plugged the unit into line voltage but then blank no blinking. Andy ideas? What can I push to get a reading on the info key?

ru12cb4
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
It's over 10 days later and still no RMA from INC to the dealer to initiate repairs on the i2. Likewise, no reponse to the "customer support inquiry" form that I also submitted via the website.

I see someone said 2 hours but I too have been waiting days and nothing not even confirmation that they recevied my EM.

What model do you have? What went pfooy with the batteries?

ru12cb4
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
UPDATE:
Segway replied in just one day :)

Meaning: The Front CU Board reports: Power base fault (May be due to excessive moisture)
Recommended Action: (1) Allow PT to dry completely (if applicable), (2) Remove and reseat batteries, (3) Install alternate set of battery packs. If the same error code is persistent replace the power base or return to factory for service Fault detected in the battery pack attached to me

Occured powering on right after charging.
Meaning: The Front CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold

To get a response in one day to whom did you send the EM? Can you point me to the location? If you get zero readings what does that mean?

ru12cb4
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Error code: C103, C100
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13656
Meaning: ? Temperature ?

Error code: E205
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13132
Meaning: ?

Error code: E102
Meaning: Dead battery.

Error code: E10A
Meaning: Power Base failure.

Error code: E017
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13649
Meaning: ? Moisture ?

Can a dealer not get the definitive list from INC?

Does Senior Member mean your age or your time being a "member?"

What indicated if you get no reading other than the antenna indicator at the bottom and the normal reading at the very top. Nothing. Segway replaced both batteries last fall and when I brought them out of dry, clean, warm storage nada, not a thing. I plugged in the charger and got one red light and after two day still got one red light and no reading on the info key.

What do you think? I've contract Segway but they have not responded. Sent two EM but nothing. I plan to call tomorrow. Any directions to a site for assistance?

bentbiker
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
What's the deal if you get no reading on you Info key on X2's? My info key shows the antenna at the bottom and some numbers at the very top but nada. Also the battery indicators do not light up. They did when I initally plugged the unit into line voltage but then blank no blinking. Andy ideas? What can I push to get a reading on the info key?
Looking at all of your posts, I don't see where anyone has explicitly stated the problem. If you already realize what happened, I am sorry; I don't mean to be repetitive.

As noted in the owners manual:
Do not store your Segway PT or Batteries without fully charging the Batteries for at least 12 hours, once a month.

The reference manual says:
The Segway PT's charging system is automatically controlled to prevent overcharging. Plug your Segway PT into a grounded AC power outlet when it is not in use, even if you do not plan to use it for an extended period of time.

I think most owners would advise NEVER leaving it off charge. The reasons are numerous. One or both of the Lithium Ion batteries is powering circuitry even when the unit is turned off. The batteries will self-discharge even when disconnected from the unit. Further, to avoid recharging batteries which have been damaged by discharging too far and creating possibilities of internal arcing and fires, their is a threshold voltage below which the batteries cannot be recharged.

If I read your posting correctly, you stored the unit without charging for many months. One or both batteries have probably dropped below the minimum level. A quick substitution of known good batteries would tell you in an instant if that is the problem. Finding a fellow owner to help you check would be easier if you would fill in your location in your profile.

nora k
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
also, now it is suggested to fully charge your batteries and then remove them from your machine if you are going to store it without charge for over three weeks.

all dealers are now receiving machines and batteries separately, to increase the storage/discharge time.

Looking at all of your posts, I don't see where anyone has explicitly stated the problem. If you already realize what happened, I am sorry; I don't mean to be repetitive.

As noted in the owners manual:Do not store your Segway PT or Batteries without fully charging the Batteries for at least 12 hours, once a month.The reference manual says:The Segway PT's charging system is automatically controlled to prevent overcharging. Plug your Segway PT into a grounded AC power outlet when it is not in use, even if you do not plan to use it for an extended period of time.I think most owners would advise NEVER leaving it off charge. The reasons are numerous. One or both of the Lithium Ion batteries is powering circuitry even when the unit is turned off. The batteries will self-discharge even when disconnected from the unit. Further, to avoid recharging batteries which have been damaged by discharging too far and creating possibilities of internal arcing and fires, their is a threshold voltage below which the batteries cannot be recharged.

If I read your posting correctly, you stored the unit without charging for many months. One or both batteries have probably dropped below the minimum level. A quick substitution of known good batteries would tell you in an instant if that is the problem. Finding a fellow owner to help you check would be easier if you would fill in your location in your profile.

Roland
05-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Just picked up a new I2 & a new X2 over the last week. Within 3 miles of riding, the X2 started kicking the speed limiter in prematurely (on any slope of any kind pretty much)...I parked it. I was told that the problem sounded like the batteries weren't fully charged and/or the infokey wasn't properly "synch'd" with the battery level and that I should discharge the unit and then recharge the batteries overnight. Did it, and things were better, but still not right (still overreacting to any slope/gradient) based on my experience with my other segway (I2). Put another 5 miles on it (now up to almost 8 miles on the odometer) and parked it. Went back to ride it later and it wouldn't go into balance mode - instead it would shutdown (not sure what the official name is when it beeps and shuts down)...anyway, I got error code "E082". Didn't find it here in the list (or anywhere else on line) so I thought I'd add it in case anyone else hits it.

The dealer here in Seattle called someone (I assume at Segway inc) and was told:

E082 = failure of the power base... The fix is for Segway to send out a new platform base and swap out my wheels/fenders/handlebar/etc....

So - I'm down to just a single I2 for the next week or two until my new X2 is returned to me with the new power base.:(

wwhopper
05-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Error code: E082

Recommended Action: If the same error code is persistent replace the power base or return to factory for service

Just remember that an x2 and i2 ride differently, where the i2 will go fast up or down hills, the x2 is more cautious about it. They both will race equally on the flat, but hills and other areas the x2 slows down and gives you the face!

Sorry to hear that the Segway Gremlins got to your new x2, but with a new power base you should be fine. Sadly sometimes these things happen, but that is why having a good dealer is important to take care of these things and make them non-problems.

Roland
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Just remember that an x2 and i2 ride differently, where the i2 will go fast up or down hills, the x2 is more cautious about it. They both will race equally on the flat, but hills and other areas the x2 slows down and gives you the face!

Thanks for the insight - other than the E082 error happening, this is consistent with my experience, and now I know it is by design, so I'm not worried about it ;)

Roland
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
My dealer (VespaSeattle) let me know that Segway Inc shipped out a new powerbase for my X2 today from NH...so, hopefully it'll be back in functioning shape sometime next week - just in time for the 3 day weekend :D

Seginaway
06-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Saturday, I started a new charging method. Only charge after I'm down to 1,2 or 3 bars to prevent premature battery replacment by utilizing too many recharge "cycles" just to top off the batteries. So, I run around town, let the Kid use it to get me a Father's Day gift at the local store. End of the night it still has 4 Bars so I leave it unplugged, figuring that I'll use a Bar or two tommorrow and then charge it to full during the next overnight.

Startup Sunday afternoon. It goes to 3 Bars and error code "E027" flashes with a wrench and Trigger shut downs. Try it a couple times, same result. Decide to go through the Startup Process: it goes throught the sequence and then the Rear battery light flashes GREEN, goes RED and stays RED while the Front battery light goes to all GREEN. Error Code says the E027: The Rear CU Board reports: Fault detected in the battery pack. Try shutdown, unplug, startup, shutdown, plug in several times and get the same result.

Segway Chat talks a lot about moving the batteries front to back, back to front to see if you get the same result which tends to make one believe that it is the battery pack. I do this and now get Error Code E02F. Can't find an exact match to the definition but conclude that it probably is the battery pack since the GREEN light nows illuminates the Rear Battery light on Startup and the Front Battery light flashes GREEN and then goes to solid RED and stays RED. Same condition, reverse result when switching batteries Front to Back, Back to Front.

I'm thinking its the battery and will contact my Dealer on Monday. If anyone can offer some advice, thanks. Or, as it appears, if anyone has one (1) li-ion battery, I might be in the market. That is if you can replace just one.

etoddler
06-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Did anyone figure out what this error code means? I got this error code on my i2 and the red indicator lights at the bottom blink. The unit shuts off after a few minutes. Any ideas?

Thanks

My Segway X2 worked for 1 day. Now it won't start & I get these codes:

E042 with a ! symbol

I removed and reset the batteries and the x2 worked again. I turned it off then started it up and got this error code:

E04A with a wrench symbol

I turned it off again then started it up and got this error code again:

E042 with a ! symbol which I get every time now.

Any suggestions other than driving 560 miles round trip to my nearest dealer? Thanks for the help.

jrwilcox
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
http://social.segway.com/mediawiki/index.php/Error_Codes

E042 The Rear CU Board reports: Power base fault

You might want to have your dealer take a look if you continue to see it.

Jim

bentbiker
06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Did anyone figure out what this error code means? I got this error code on my i2 and the red indicator lights at the bottom blink. The unit shuts off after a few minutes. Any ideas?

ThanksAssuming that "Newport Beach" is "Newport Beach, CA", do you realize you have the largest Segway dealer in the country right next to you on the Balboa peninsula? If you can somehow meet up with David Sie (cmonkey) tonight for his ride to the Crab Cooker, he'd probably let you throw his batteries on long enough to rule out a simple bad battery.

Shannon&Myles
06-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Just stopped by to introduce myself. My name is Shannon and my Segway is named Myles. I have had Myles, my Segway, for almost a year now. This is out of the norm and can not figure this out yet is when I start him up everytime I go on a glide, I go to stand on him and he growls at me and gives me an error code of "C200" and the exclamation mark in the triangle. His eyes are closed at this time which immediately turns into a sad face. I turn him off, then turn him back on a 2nd time and he repeats his growl along with his error code with the face senerio. Then this time around, without fail, I turn him back on for the 3rd time and he is A-OK and off we go. I have determine that he does not like it when I get him out of his bed.

Then there is something else that Myles does and he has down this twice now The battert icon shows up when I have him fully charged and he is smiling.

If anybody has experienced this, please let me know and would be much appreciated.

~Shannon and Myles~

terryp
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Another new one for me. Got this yesterday as I left work and gently stepped the Seg over the curb just outside the door. After restarting I was good to go, and have had no problem since.

dgbint
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
c200 =
The Rear CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold

e014=

These error messages are available online to dealers, that way they are always up to date.

Cheers
Michael
www.segwaysoutherncross.com
Australia

terryp
08-02-2008, 06:41 PM
c200 =
The Rear CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold

e014=

These error messages are available online to dealers, that way they are always up to date.

Cheers
Michael
www.segwaysoutherncross.com
Australia
Thanks, Michael.

Out of curiosity, can you tell us how many different error codes there are?

dgbint
08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
can you tell us how many different error codes there are?

Sorry, no, I don't know the answer to that.

Dealers have an online 'error code checker', so we can check any error code and always know that we get the up-to-date information.
That way we don't have to check document revisons against code revisions, and all that error prone sort of stuff.

It is a very effective and efficient plan by Inc to have it as an online resource.

However, we cannot simply count the number of error messages.

Michael

Five-Flags
08-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Dealers have an online 'error code checker', so we can check any error code and always know that we get the up-to-date information.
That way we don't have to check document revisons against code revisions, and all that error prone sort of stuff.

It is a very effective and efficient plan by Inc to have it as an online resource.
Michael

Which could also be made available to the owners, if INC wasn't so paranoid...:mad::mad::mad:

dgbint
08-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Which could also be made available to the owners,

You are right, they could.

What is the industry norm ?
Do auto manufacturers, TV manufacturers, appliance and whitegoods manufacturers make all that sort of info available freely and publicly about their products and diagnostic tools ?

As a dealer, I think that the current status is about right.
If an owner has a problem, they have a firm incentive to contact us for guidance.
We get to keep tabs on problems.

Yet I can understand that owners would like more information, and directly.

Michael

Five-Flags
08-04-2008, 03:51 AM
What is the industry norm ?

Do auto manufacturers, TV manufacturers, appliance and whitegoods manufacturers make all that sort of info available freely and publicly about their products and diagnostic tools ?
Michael

Let's see...

Every car manufactured since 1996 has an OBD2 (On Board Diagnostic II) jack to which you can connect a reader available at any auto store or Amazon or etc... for $30-$90.

Every computer (PCs at least, I'm not up on Macs) since around 1980 runs a POST (Power On Self Test) with well-published "Beep" codes for diagnosing hardware failures...

The most bug-ridden software in the world (Microsoft Windows, in its various flavors) has the largest online Knowledge Base documenting each of its thousands and thousands (if not millions) of error codes...

So I guess I'd say that there is plenty of precedent for them to make that same diagnostic information available. That way owners wouldn't have to compile lists and stickies such as on this board that may well be out of date, when a simple published link would give current information.

In fact, I would be willing to bet that most owners would applaud INC's doing so. It's not like it would be ruinous to the dealers' repair business. :eek:

e014=

Yep, I'm a-gonna chisel my way in there and persuade the Rear CU Board that it's wrong and the Power Base is just fine -- or I might decide that a visit to the dealer is more worthwhile.

Which course of action is most likely for owners with a $5000 investment???
I have my opinion...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bentbiker
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
. . . .Wow! How could any logical decision maker at INC not be persuaded by your logic. Extremely well stated. All I've ever seen done by a dealer is to copy it from the database word for word anyway.

Chisel your way in, huh . . . :D

Isidore
01-30-2009, 09:03 AM
After gliding to work in very cold conditions, on trying to shut down I got 5 pusing red lights on the platform and a sad face on the key with the error code EB90. Anyone know what it means? I walked out of range and back again and pressing the info key power button gave me a normal shut down and the fault cleared. Any one have any ideas? I have the early temperature affected radio board and was wondering if this is a miscommunication.....

emrnyc
01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Sorry, no, I don't know the answer to that.

However, we cannot simply count the number of error messages.

Michael
With the lack of dealers in my area and the way we us our segs, that would help.... Can't even get a parts book or service manual...
Martin

wwhopper
01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
After gliding to work in very cold conditions, on trying to shut down I got 5 pusing red lights on the platform and a sad face on the key with the error code EB90. Anyone know what it means? I walked out of range and back again and pressing the info key power button gave me a normal shut down and the fault cleared. Any one have any ideas? I have the early temperature affected radio board and was wondering if this is a miscommunication.....

Error code: eb90

The Training Safety Shutdown was activated

or

<TABLE width="100%">Error code: EB 90

The Rear CU Board reports:
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

And nothing is listed for this!

wwhopper
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow! How could any logical decision maker at INC not be persuaded by your logic. Extremely well stated. All I've ever seen done by a dealer is to copy it from the database word for word anyway.

Chisel your way in, huh . . . :D

Though we have a list of them here on this thread - not easy to find, and I would imagine that the wiki site on Segway Social is starting to fill with that info as well.

You have several active SC members here who either are interconnected to the dealers or who are past technical employees of Inc. They have always been forthcoming with such information when asked.

Isidore
01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Error code: eb90

The Training Safety Shutdown was activated

or

Error code: EB 90

The Rear CU Board reports:
<table width="100%"><tbody></tbody></table>

And nothing is listed for this!

Thanks Will, I wasn't even on the platform, I'd leant it against the wall in the basement of my office after arriving. As you say, I either did it myself or it's the ghost in the machine

cadavev
02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
i got a code e107 over the weekend not sure what it means. ran fine after it shutdown.

terryp
02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
(E014 apparently signals detection of a fault in the rear controller board)

Last week I had a safety shutdown with this error code for the fourth time. (I posted earlier on this thread that I thought it was E104.) This time I nearly lost my balance and fell off as I was starting a turn when the shutdown occurred.

The stange thing is that it happened at the same curb as two of the other three times. About a block from work, waiting for the light, doing a smooth one foot curb drop, and getting the shutdown halfway across the street. (The other time it happened stepping off the curb in front of the door at work.)

I theorized that there might be some RF energy in that neighborhood that's causing it, maybe in the same way as the security systems have been reported to do. Does anyone know what error code is displayed when that happens, or what frequency to suspect? It's also strange that the problem didn't occur until just after leaving the curb.

If this is an RF susceptability issue, couldn't both boards fault at the same time? Seems to me that the controller boards would be pretty well shielded by the base, and that the controllers in the batteries would be more susceptable.

I believe that vehicle sensing systems at intersections use low frequency RF applied to loop coils. If that frequency was similar to that used by the store security systems, ... just a thought.

bentbiker
02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I theorized that there might be some RF energy in that neighborhood that's causing it, maybe in the same way as the security systems have been reported to do.

I believe that vehicle sensing systems at intersections use low frequency RF applied to loop coils. If that frequency was similar to that used by the store security systems, ... just a thought.
Terry,
A few months back, I took a bad fall in the middle of an intersection when my i2 seemed to go berserk -- in fact it felt like the "reversal of direction" that the recall was to prevent. No, I didn't step off the platform; I just slowed abruptly and then speeded up. Suddenly the LSF came back an hit me in the chest (I think). One second I was in total control and the next, I was on the asphalt. I, too, have been suspicious that some kind of circuitry in the lights/cameras/sensors screwed up the Seg. I did not see any error code -- I was too caught up checking my body parts. Since then, I've been very cautious crossing intersections.

BTW, do you still have the battery problem(s)? I was and have since switched to a new pair.

jgbackes
02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
I have updated the Error codes on the WIKI (http://social.segway.com/mediawiki/index.php/Error_Codes) hope this helps.

gbrandwood
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
i got a code e107 over the weekend not sure what it means. ran fine after it shutdown.
I get an e167 code all the time. It means there's a problem with your mechanical kickstand, auto-deploying the e-stand. ;)

cadavev
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I get an e167 code all the time. It means there's a problem with your mechanical kickstand, auto-deploying the e-stand. ;)

funny but not useful to me

terryp
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
BTW, do you still have the battery problem(s)? I was and have since switched to a new pair.
Assuming you're asking about my most recent battery problem, where one pack on my i180 went bad while constantly plugged in, but not ridden for months, I've decided to just wait until spring to replace it. (Hopefully it, and not them!)

bentbiker
02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Assuming you're asking about my most recent battery problem, where one pack on my i180 went bad while constantly plugged in, but not ridden for months, I've decided to just wait until spring to replace it. (Hopefully it, and not them!)
I had forgotten that it was a 180. But that is good info, since it rules out a questionable battery as being the cause, or making it more susceptible.

terryp
02-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I had forgotten that it was a 180. But that is good info, since it rules out a questionable battery as being the cause, or making it more susceptible.
I answered your question the other day, but sadly neglected to comment on your accident. I hope you didn't get hurt too badly.

You'd think that the engineers must have considered other sources of 'interference' that could cause emergency shutdowns (or worse) once they were aware that security systems can effect the Seg. The possiblility of low frequency RF sources in the pavement we glide causing problems is a little unnerving.

Should one of us report our shutdowns and suspicions to Inc?

bentbiker
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Should one of us report our shutdowns and suspicions to Inc?
PM sent on 2/11 -- in case you are not logging in.

CovRob
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Lost traction today in a wet muddy area and the Seg tumbled forward - when I checked the infokey I think the error was L010 - doesn't seem to be referred to anywhere else as far as I can see. Started fine again and worked OK.

seglander
03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Are you sure it wasn't C010 - "forward pitch exceeded" which sounds about right.

CovRob
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
That's a strong possibility as I only got a quick glance at the infokey before shutdown. that code would seem to make sense under the conditions. Thanks for the update and help.

Note to self - watch it in the mud!:rolleyes:

gbrandwood
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
A "display last error code" function on the infokey would be handy.

felluh
04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
How do i fix this? my seggy is out of warrenty

:confused::confused:

da_canes
07-07-2009, 08:25 AM
does anyone know what E40C mean? I thought it was an error on my batteries so i replaced both of them but still no luck??????

da_canes
07-07-2009, 08:47 AM
I got this error on my 2006 x2 segway... E40C does anyone know what this mean and how to fix it????

wwhopper
07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Error code: E40c

The Front CU Board reports: Power base fault

Arturas
08-17-2009, 11:37 AM
How do i fix this? my seggy is out of warrenty

:confused::confused:

It's gonna cost you a lot. I had this problem several times. I can check and tell you what is exactly wrong with the segway later.

limberlost
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I have a X2 and when I started it up, the key showed a wrench blinking and E80E. The center LED came on "Green" and then went to "Red" and the unit shut off. The battery indicator showed full charge. I called the dealer and he had to call INC. They told him that it could be one of sevsral things or all of them. They told him thet they would have to send it to them for diagnostics. They said it could be motor, signal to the motor or control circuit. Dealer siad it could cost $1200 to $1800 as a guestimate.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Daryl

limberlost
06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Erroe code "E80E" This is the code on my X2 and also shows a wrench. I don't know what it means.

Eidolon
11-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone, I got an error code: E806..I totally have no idea what it means. Anybody got this error code too?

DarthSegVator
11-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Error code: E806

Recommended Action: If the same error code is persistent replace the power base or return to factory for service.

Gliderat
11-17-2010, 01:06 PM
E806 = Motor Drive Voltage Feedback Fault

SegNerd
11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Erroe code "E80E" This is the code on my X2 and also shows a wrench. I don't know what it means.

I also recently went through the "E80E saga." You can read about it here (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=24337&highlight=E80E). I was without my Segway for two months, and it cost $2,000 (although I had some other work done besides the primary repair).

westleypipes70
03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

Thanks

Hey buddy I have a guy that is a tech for Segway and the E042 code is that you have a bad battery... I had the problem took it to him and put a new back battery in it and ran fine...mime was bad but he said in the cold sometimes the batteries will throw that code...I am trying to find a way right now online for the way he told me he has done it before... he sent a power boost charge to it..brings it up above the 70 some volts it needs to be recognized to charge again...and as soon as you take it off from over charging it throw it on an onboard charger! !

felix_fetche
08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
What about E107 error?

it means: ACTUATOR POWER CONSISTENCY FAULT.

i2 is starting absolutely ok.
at wery slow speed the left wheel is not runing with constant angular speed. is turning like "in steps". like triphase motor runing in two-phase instead of three.
at 2-3 mph runs quite okay, and when accelerate powerfully the code is showing up.

have somebody experiences with this isue?

felix_fetche
10-08-2011, 04:02 AM
solved.
the current sensor of S barr (R100, R=0.003ohm) is sensing the current trough S phase of motor.
the pickup tension from this resistor is sensed by group of: the analog insulation amplifier HCPL-7840 (the white smd DIL8) and from here is amplified with an LM6132 (smd dil8 rail-to-rail amplifier) wich prepare the result of the current and transmit to an analog imput of the TMS320_LF2406A MCU to inform about the torque and triphase equalisation of the motor.

the problem was an unwanted offset on LM6132 wich was solved by injecting courent in the middle point of resistors R102 and R108 via a 50Kohm potentiometer mounted parallel on this two resistors, then trim the potentiometer to compensate offset. this worked for me. the cu is saved and i2 works 100% correct without any error.

Flyingino
11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you for your answers!

sevenbridges
02-06-2012, 04:01 PM
My X2 started up fine this a.m......took a little jaunt and then plugged it back in. An hour later noticed one light was green and the top one red. I unplugged it for about 2 minutes and that didn't help. I tried to start it up anyway after unplugging it and got all flashing red lights with EO2F error code. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PeteInLongBeach
02-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Put the machine in security mode, plug it in to charge, and see if the lights go green after it reaches full charge.

felix_fetche
02-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Fault is in front battery,
This is happening when not all the cells are measuring same voltage,
or one cell voltage is out of range.

CityMech
08-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Machine starts up, gives error code E044, then shuts back down. At one point the code changed to a E04C. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

genovesi
10-14-2012, 06:25 PM
While in the middle of a perfectly lovely glide along the ocean-front road in beautiful Half Moon Bay, I got the dreaded BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT and an E086. Can anyone tell me what this is going to cost me?
CG&Ron

infinitronics
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
E086 is an error in the propulsion subsystem, so it definitely sounds like a power base issue.

Try resetting the Segway by taking the batteries off the base for an hour or so, and then putting them back on and attempting to start the machine up.

YMMV...

vingale
12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Has anyone had E080? I' getting this code with a wrench, and can't find anywhere that tells what it is.

felix_fetche
01-08-2013, 05:18 AM
shure E080, not C080 ?

Ontario
05-11-2013, 09:16 AM
shure E080, not C080 ?

I have C080 error code on one of my machines. What does it mean?

Toto
05-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Error code C040:

As far as I can tell, this error code is displayed when the wheels loose traction while in rider balance mode. After about 5 seconds of displaying the error message, the segway powers down completely.

I've gotten this twice so far:

Once after getting off to lead it up a curb. It takes a second or two for the seg to drop back to riderless balance mode after getting off, especially if the mats are cold; I suspect they don't 'pop back up' as quick. It was still in full rider balance mode when I leaned it forward for it to go up the curb. With the snow, the wheels didn't have enough traction to climb the curb and started spinning. Because it was still in 'rider' mode, it applies power way quicker than when 'riderless'. It spun the wheels for a second or so, and shuts down with C040.

The second time, also related to snow: Going up a snow covered grass hill slowly. Wheels lost traction (with me on it), forcing me to step forward to avoid falling. Wheels continued to spin for a second until C040 and power down.

I got this error code when experimenting with a jacked Segway. It was "jacked" on a plastic box below the batteries, e.g. to dismount both wheels at a time.
I wondered what will happen when I activate riderless balance mode (by pressing one mat contact down).
Since the whole thing wasn't perfectly leveled the wheels very slowly started to spin in riderless balance mode. By moving the LSF the wheels did respond accordingly - but still quite slowly.
Then I activated rider balance mode (by pressing both contacts of a mat) and was actually a bit surprised that the Segway apparently tried to keep balance with full power and resulting heavy wheel spin :eek: for some seconds before powering down automatically. Infokey showed C040 and, I guess, the last measured "speed" of about 30km/h [/:(]
So just be careful with such experiments... [:O]

Ontario
05-24-2013, 12:21 PM
I have C080 error code on one of my machines. What does it mean?

That was because I try to turn on a segway to balance mode without both tyres. :)

Mashge
08-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Codes für GENII i2\x2

C010 Informe CU A FORWARD PITCH EXCEEDED
C018 Informe CU B FORWARD PITCH EXCEEDED
C020 Informe CU A AFT PITCH EXCEEDED
C028 Informe CU B AFT PITCH EXCEEDED
C040 Informe CU A FORWARD SPEED LIMITER
C048 Informe CU B FORWARD SPEED LIMITER
C080 Informe CU A AFT SPEED LIMITER
C088 Informe CU B AFT SPEED LIMITER
C100 Informe CU A REAR BATTERY EMPTY
C108 Informe CU B FRONT BATTERY EMPTY
C200 Informe CU A REAR BATTERY SHUTDOWN
C400 Informe CU A ROLL ANGLE EXCEEDED
C408 Informe CU B ROLL ANGLE EXCEEDED
C800 Informe CU A LOW BUS VOLTAGE
C808 Informe CU B LOW BUS VOLTAGE
E012 Informe CU A CU - CU DOWN
E013 Informe CU A REMOTE CU - BCU DOWN
E014 Informe CU A YAW A FAULT
E015 Informe CU A POWER SUPPLY 12V FAULT
E016 Informe CU A JUNCTION TEMP FAULT
E017 Informe CU A FRAME FAULT
E01A Informe CU B CU - CU DOWN
E01B Informe CU B REMOTE CU - BCU DOWN
E01C Informe CU B YAW A FAULT
E01D Informe CU B POWER SUPPLY 12V FAULT
E01E Informe CU B JUNCTION TEMP FAULT
E01F Informe CU B FRAME FAULT
E022 Informe CU A BSA - BSA DOWN
E023 Informe CU A REMOTE TDM SLOT FAULT
E024 Informe CU A YAW B FAULT
E025 Informe CU A POWER SUPPLY 5V FAULT
E026 Informe CU A MOTOR WINDING TEMP FAULT
E027 Informe CU A BATTERY FAULT
E02A Informe CU B BSA - BSA DOWN
E02B Informe CU B REMOTE TDM SLOT FAULT
E02C Informe CU B YAW B FAULT
E02D Informe CU B POWER SUPPLY 5V FAULT
E02E Informe CU B MOTOR WINDING TEMP FAULT
E02F Informe CU B BATTERY FAULT
E042 Informe CU A CU - BSA DOWN
E043 Informe CU A MODE SYNC TIMEOUT FAULT
E044 Informe CU A YAW DRIFT FAULT
E045 Informe CU A POWER SUPPLY 3V FAULT
E046 Informe CU A MOTOR DRIVE FAULT
E047 Informe CU A MOTOR VOLTAGE CONSISTENCY FAULT
E04A Informe CU B CU - BSA DOWN
E04B Informe CU B MODE SYNC TIMEOUT FAULT
E04C Informe CU B YAW DRIFT FAULT
E04E Informe CU B MOTOR DRIVE FAULT
E04F Informe CU B MOTOR VOLTAGE CONSISTENCY FAULT
E082 Informe CU A CU - UI DOWN
E083 Informe CU A FAILED INITIALIZATION
E084 Informe CU A AUX A FAULT
E085 Informe CU A BSA TEMPERATURE FAULT
E086 Informe CU A MOTOR DRIVE HALL FAULT
E087 Informe CU A MOTOR STUCK RELAY FAULT
E08A Informe CU B CU - UI DOWN
E08B Informe CU B FAILED INITIALIZATION
E08C Informe CU B AUX A FAULT
E08D Informe CU B BSA TEMPERATURE FAULT
E08E Informe CU B MOTOR DRIVE HALL FAULT
E08F Informe CU B MOTOR STUCK RELAY FAULT
E102 Informe CU A CU - BCU DOWN
E103 Informe CU A FAILED CAL EEPROM
E104 Informe CU A AUX B FAULT
E105 Informe CU A BSA POWER SUPPLY TRANSIENT FAULT
E106 Informe CU A MOTOR DRIVE AMP FAULT
E107 Informe CU A ACTUATOR POWER CONSISTENCY FAULT
E10A Informe CU B CU - BCU DOWN
E10B Informe CU B FAILED CAL EEPROM
E10C Informe CU B AUX B FAULT
E10D Informe CU B BSA POWER SUPPLY TRANSIENT FAULT
E10E Informe CU B MOTOR DRIVE AMP FAULT
E10F Informe CU B ACTUATOR POWER CONSISTENCY FAULT
E202 Informe CU A TDM SLOT FAULT
E204 Informe CU A AUX DRIFT FAULT
E205 Informe CU A BSA DRIFT FAULT
E206 Informe CU A MOTOR DRIVE AMP ENABLE FAULT
E207 Informe CU A ACTUATOR HALT PROCESSOR FAULT
E20A Informe CU B TDM SLOT FAULT
E20C Informe CU B AUX DRIFT FAULT
E20D Informe CU B BSA DRIFT FAULT
E20E Informe CU B MOTOR DRIVE AMP ENABLE FAULT
E20F Informe CU B ACTUATOR HALT PROCESSOR FAULT
E402 Informe CU A REMOTE CU - BSA DOWN
E404 Informe CU A RIDER DETECT FAULT
E405 Informe CU A BSA INTERNAL FAULT
E406 Informe CU A MOTOR DRIVE AMP OVERCURRENT FAULT
E407 Informe CU A ACTUATOR DEGRADED FAULT
E40A Informe CU B REMOTE CU - BSA DOWN
E40D Informe CU B BSA INTERNAL FAULT
E40E Informe CU B MOTOR DRIVE AMP OVERCURRENT FAULT
E802 Informe CU A REMOTE CU - UI DOWN
E804 Informe CU A POWER SUPPLY TRANSIENT FAULT
E806 Informe CU A MOTOR DRIVE VOLTAGE FEEDBACK FAULT
E80A Informe CU B REMOTE CU - UI DOWN
E80C Informe CU B POWER SUPPLY TRANSIENT FAULT
E80E Informe CU B MOTOR DRIVE VOLTAGE FEEDBACK FAULT

rotorblades
04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
is there any way a new x2 will give any error codes?i mean besides the wrench and red lights on the base console?

KSagal
04-17-2014, 06:20 PM
is there any way a new x2 will give any error codes?i mean besides the wrench and red lights on the base console?

Where is this wrench? When the wrench appears on a info key, there is often a code with it.

If you are talking about an XT, there is a display on the handlebar, which can also have a wrench, and in that case, the outer segments of display are very significant.

rotorblades
04-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Where is this wrench? When the wrench appears on a info key, there is often a code with it.

If you are talking about an XT, there is a display on the handlebar, which can also have a wrench, and in that case, the outer segments of display are very significant.
i only have an x2 adventure with info key. sorry i should havebeen clearer. but thankall you folks on this site. i would be lost without you.these manuals are lackingespecially all the trouble digging through the extra languages. gees i bought an american product in america.then most everything is in french.and or poorly translatedor hard to follow or find.ok enough of my bitchin..

rotorblades
06-13-2014, 10:49 AM
I discovered this error code when playing with the second infokey I received. If you start the Segway with one infokey, and shut it down with the second infokey, the first infokey shows this error code: E012i got eo12 on my new x2by starting it while still plugged in and then shutting it off toowhile plugged in,

Seginaway
01-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Codes für GENII i2\x2
E10A Informe CU B CU - BCU DOWN

What is the BCU and is it hardware, software or battery related. Since only one (1) battery is "red light", I'm assuming it is battery related.

I'm going to switch front to back and retry but, perhaps after 8+ years and 9,000 miles it's time for an MTO refresh. York here I come!!!! Right down arsenal highway!

All input and help appreciated. Thanks.

felix_fetche
05-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I also have E10A fault on one X2 i just bought.
sometimes i powering well runs a few minutes, the the wrench came and after few soconds E10A the powers off.
is powering on corectly after let`s say 10-15 tryes.
what could be the "BCU" ?

Gihgehls
05-18-2015, 04:23 PM
The could two CU boards be called ACU and BCU?

RMullins
05-26-2015, 02:45 PM
BCU=Battery Control Unit

felix_fetche
06-09-2015, 04:46 AM
E10A is the CAN communication interrupted between the CU and battery controller.
put wrapping wires between the resistors and the pads where the battery connector are soldered.

rotorblades
08-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Sorry if you thought you were going to get all the error code meanings on this thread - I don't have them. :rolleyes: But between us all, we should be able to compile a list. So, please post any error codes you get from your PT and the associated meanings (if you know or as they become available). One thread to bring it all together might be helpful.

Was no list circulated at the fest?
can i tap onto a seg lithium battery without setting off a "code"im wanting to run my 12 volt strip lights then later aheadlight i realize i will have to reduce the voltage from 72 v. to 12 volts for these leds. it would be easier just to plug the one thing in to charge. had a stroke im pretty laid up still.im inclined to leave her alonei now use rechargeable hand drill batteries

'

Sheppy355
03-08-2016, 02:34 PM
HI guys i found this which should help you all out
Full list of segway I2 X2 error Codes and meanings here.

http://www.segway-ninebot.net/error-codes/

So far 100%

bekaz
07-15-2018, 12:33 PM
E10A is the CAN communication interrupted between the CU and battery controller.
put wrapping wires between the resistors and the pads where the battery connector are soldered.

Bună ziua Felix :-),

could you show where to make additional bridges with a cable?

Thank you very, very much for your help.

bekaz

felix_fetche
11-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Bought one 2008 Gen2.a X2 with E80E code.
I fix the unit using a Gen2a i2 CU board as donor hardware.
Using Digital Signal Processor chip (TMS chip) from original X2 CU PCB,
moved to donor i2 CU.
Look at pictures.
First pictures is about prepairing, last step is final with chip soldered, and working.
Now unit is full functional.

Cbuscemi
11-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know what Error code is E01F means on a PT I2

cavpdx
05-13-2019, 11:49 PM
Hi All,

My X2 threw error code E026. I've researched and found this code to be: "E026 CU A MOTOR WINDING TEMP FAULT". The same error code at another site is "E026 Actuator Fault CU A Reporting MOTOR WINDING TEMP FAULT Power base fault Follow SART diagnostic manual Replace power base."

Do I understand this correctly in that I am to replace Motor A?

Thank you!

MuttonChops
05-14-2019, 03:47 PM
. . . X2 threw error code E026. I've researched and found this code to be: "E026 CU A MOTOR WINDING TEMP FAULT". The same error code at another site is "E026 Actuator Fault CU A Reporting MOTOR WINDING TEMP FAULT Power base fault Follow SART diagnostic manual Replace power base."

Do I understand this correctly in that I am to replace Motor A?

Are you getting this error code all the time or did it just happen once or twice?

Even if you were doing regular gliding the computer(s)/sensor(s) can get confused every once in a while and force a shutdown and/or error code.

= = = =
11,800+ i2 Gliding Miles :)

cavpdx
05-14-2019, 04:08 PM
Hello! It happened and then I put the machine to charge. I came back after several hours and unit operated for half mile before faulting again.

Thank you, I love and miss my Segway. I have a SCI. I hope to get back soon.

Are you getting this error code all the time or did it just happen once or twice?

Even if you were doing regular gliding the computer(s)/sensor(s) can get confused every once in a while and force a shutdown and/or error code.

= = = =
11,800+ i2 Gliding Miles :)